Is this Schüttelhofer Hitler Youth knife an original?

Thanks Received
Hello All!

I would like to buy a HJ knife to my collection. The knife on the attached pictures can be an original one? And if so, how much it might be worth?

Thanks!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello David,

Welcome to the HJ Research the font of knowledge of all things HJ,DJ,BDM etc

I am no expert but it looks ok, a transitional knife as has both the RZM and makers mark, so you work out year made,
other than the sheath prob been repainted ? a nice in the middle of the road knife.
For a lot more in depth info on this, scroll up Knifes, click in and from there read the posts on knifes and fakes. Have fun.
I think HJ knifes are well stupid overpriced by idiots/thief's like Wittman etc. I would pay about 340-360 euros.

Best regards....Ewan

Hello David,

Welcome to the HJ Research the font of knowledge of all things HJ,DJ,BDM etc

I am no expert but it looks ok, a transitional knife as has both the RZM and makers mark, so you work out year made,
other than the sheath prob been repainted ? a nice in the middle of the road knife.
For a lot more in depth info on this, scroll up Knifes, click in and from there read the posts on knifes and fakes. Have fun.
I think HJ knifes are well stupid overpriced by idiots/thief's like Wittman etc. I would pay about 340-360 euros.

Best regards....Ewan
Hello Ewan!

Thank you for your reply!

Hi David,
The condition of the knife is certainly not good. Have you seen that the grip has a fine, continuous crack? The diamond is damaged and the large gap in the recess and the bad fitting raise the question of whether it is the original one attached.
The scabbard doesn't have much original paint left, you can see the steel, but it should be original and not repainted.

Perhaps it is a better decision to keep looking for a well-preserved example.
I found a photo of a late example from the same manufacturer.

Attachments

Hi David,
The condition of the knife is certainly not good. Have you seen that the grip has a fine, continuous crack? The diamond is damaged and the large gap in the recess and the bad fitting raise the question of whether it is the original one attached.
The scabbard doesn't have much original paint left, you can see the steel, but it should be original and not repainted.

Perhaps it is a better decision to keep looking for a well-preserved example.
I found a photo of a late example from the same manufacturer.

Hi Jack,

A very good reply , with a lot more attention to detail than my reply

Thanks mate. I find your answer just as helpful, it's just a different angle on the question.

Back