Jungmädelgruppe pennants - new fake or period altered?

crack

Thanks Received
I spotted these two over on Waaaaf and of course they were given an instant thumbs-down because they don't match originals but I was just wondering whether they could be period-altered Jungmädelschaft pennants that were changed bcause of material shortages? I only say that because of course the Jungmädelschaft pennant could have an individual design on one side where the correct Jungmädelgruppe pennants with unit numbers didn't. Rings because they couldn't get the correct clips? Anyway, here are some pics:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

The only major problem is this guy has one too:

..and he seems to have a pretty bad reputation.

Attachments

Most early pennants are constructed with a bit of chain stitching . I would not have these in my collection .

Most early pennants are constructed with a bit of chain stitching

Sure but I'm thinking that these are not early but late. I don't know the size of the pennants in the pic but you can see a Wolfsangel which would never have been allowed on the JM Gruppe pennant. So, I'm thinking that this might be a reused lower-level pennant made late-war because of supply problems. My head is saying fake but I can't completely discount the other scenario.

I don't know the size of the pennants in the pic but you can see a Wolfsangel which would never have been allowed on the JM Gruppe pennant

That's true and I can see where you're coming from but I wouldn't touch these pennants either. 1. Wittmann has one and it's almost identical apart from the numbers. 2. Those JM units are from Nordsee and Sachsen respectively so even if we assume that they are late pennants made as a stop-gap because of material shortages there is still no way that units so far apart would by complete chance have produced pennants so similar to each other and so similarly wrong when compared to a genuine pennant of this type.

Thanks Garry. That makes sense and yes, I agree on the point about Wittmann :biggrin1:

Back