Jungmadel Achievement Badge M1/34

N.J

Thanks Received
I am thinking of purchasing a JM Badge for my collection this one looks ok but i would like members to give their opinions. Thanks in advance.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi NJ,

it is the well known "Jungmädel-Leistungsabzeichen".

Link 1: Jungmädel-Leistungsabzeichen.

Here another link to the "BDM-Leistungsabzeichen".

Link 2: BDM-Leistungsabzeichen (Bronze).

Just a few decades ago, both badges could be found at every German flea market for small amounts of money, less than 10,- German marks.
Since then, the collector's prices have risen a lot, as far as I know personally, there are no good copies, the bad copies are recognizable at first glance... ;)

Micha
P.S. I personally do not allow myself to evaluate your badge based on two photos, I ask for your kind understanding, sorry.
The illustrations on the websites of Arco and Dagmar Weihs from Berlin can undoubtedly be assumed to be original specimens, this only as additional small information.

Last edited:
Hi Micha,

I don't know whether you know the owner of the site but it would be useful for them to be able to correct the following I think:

"Die Stiftung des Leistungsabzeichens für Jungmädel kann nicht genau datiert werden. Ausgegangen wird einerseits vom Datum der Stiftung des Leistungsabzeichen des BDM am 28. April 1934 oder der gemeinsamen Stiftung mit dem Leistungsabzeichen des Deutschen Jungvolks am 26. September 1935."

"An accurate introduction date for the JM achievement badge has not been found. It has been assumed that it was introduced at the same time time as the BDM achievement badge or alternatively, on the introduction of the DJ achievement badge".

Henrik and I found the correct time period for the introduction of the JM achievement badge (March 1938) here:

The site also states that there are no records of actual awards of the BDM achievement badge in silver but this is demonstrably incorrect. At least 3849 were issued, this being the highest number known to me with supporting documentation. He says that 120,000 BDM bronze achievement badges were awarded but again, this is incorrect. That figure had been passed already in 1943 and I have documentation for the award of badge 180470 in May 1944.

(y)

Hi Garry,

I have nothing to do with the Weihs website, either privately or commercially, I would like to expressly emphasize that.
Thank you for pointing out a previous discussion on this topic here in the forum.

My intention was just to give the requester some information, nothing more.
I am an interested party, not an expert, and certainly not a militaria dealer, I cannot and do not want to contribute more to this topic, please.

Micha

Nothing personal was meant Micha. It was not my intention to attack you. It's just that I saw some incorrect information at the links and thought it would be useful for people to know that.

Garry, that's a very good thing, none of us is omniscient, we are all human, not omniscient, and human beings are flawed, history made it, and that writes us... ;)

Micha

Back