Jungvolk Lauban 1933 Tinnie

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good evening all,

See my small Jungvolk Lauban 1933 tinnie, never seen one before. Let me know what you think?
If I have got this right Lauban is in Bavaria Germany, and was the scene of the last victory for Germany in WW2.
See the photo of a DJ/DJ being presented an Iron Cross 2nd Class by JG, I think this youth also attended the last film footage of AH in the rear gardens of the Reich Chancellery
With HJ Leader Arhur Axmann.

Best regards....Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Ewan,

Lauban is in Niederschlesien/Lower Silesia, only 25 km from Görlitz. According to the Bundesarchiv/Federal Archives, the photo was also taken in Lauban, on 9 March 1945 on the market square.
The Germans had temporarily pushed the Russians back a few kilometres near this small town of Lauban, and this was exploited to the maximum for propaganda purposes.
Goebbels had given his last public propaganda speech in the town hall of Görlitz the day before. So it all fits together.
Your tinnie was issued on the occasion of a Kreistreffen/district meeting.

Hi Jack,

Thank you again, for more information on my little tinnie. I was reading about the battle, a great but short lived victory against the Russians in this desperate terrible time.

Best regards...Ewan

I remembered that I drove through the town last year. A pretty town hall and a nice fortified tower, that's what I have in mind.

Hi Ewan - Love your Lauban-tinnie :good:

I am lucky enough to have a set of shoulder straps from Bann 803 – Lauban.

Willi Hübner (1928-2007) - se picture in post 1- was the youngest recipient of EK 2. He lived in Lauban, where Bann 803 belonged. After the 2nd WW Lauban came to lie in Poland and is today called Luban.

Here is a link to a super interesting film of approx. 14 minutes on Willi Hübner:

16 jähriger Hitlerjunge Wilhelm Hübner erhält das Eiserne Kreuz, Lauban, März 1945 - Dokumentation - YouTube

And a link to more pictures and information about him:

Wilhelm 'Willi' Hübner - one of the youngest recipients of the Iron Cross, 1945 - Rare Historical Photos

Have fun watching the movie

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for all the information on Lauben, and on Willi Hübner all fascinating stuff, and great video.
They truly were desperate times.

best regards....Ewan

Back