Jungvolkjunge with 2 triangles

I wonder why two are worn. Perhaps one is a memorial or something honoring a deceased relative or friend? Perhaps they were an esteemed member of one of the Gebiets before relocating to the other? Who can say what the purpose of wearing both is?

Hi, I own this photo in my collection. the boy in the photo is called Bruno and the inscription on the the rear says "For a reminder of a devoted friendship and is addressed to student Else Muller (possibly girlfriend)in Flensburg. The photo really does give a nice clear view of both district triangles, unfortunately no date on the rear. I do have another photo of a jungvolk leader with two district triangles on and will gladly post both photos if anyone wants to see them.

I do have another photo of a jungvolk leader with two district triangles on and will gladly post both photos if anyone wants to see them.

Please do show that one too. Always great to see deviating things with photographs!
I cannot remember it is explained somewhere why two were allowed at the same time.
Maybe Garry has seen it or a clue?

No worries, I'll get them scanned and post them on this thread. It certainly would be interesting to know the reason for wearing two.

Please do show that one too. Always great to see deviating things with photographs!
I cannot remember it is explained somewhere why two were allowed at the same time.
Maybe Garry has seen it or a clue?

Hi Wim,

I don't see it authorised anywhere but I do see orders from 1941 and 1942 banning the wearing of two triangles (in this particular case at KLV camps). The photos I have seen appear mainly to be related to the KLV and the BDM Osteinsatz - basically, whenever someone was sent temporarily to another area so I would think that anyone wearing them in that way was doing so under local arrangementss i.e.it was something ordered by a local commander. HERE are more pics of two triangles in wear and in THIS case we see a whole squad of boys wearing two :)

Thanks Garry, a plausible explanation. Can you please show the orders?

The upper photo from page 20 from my handbook does not have to do with KLV,
that is for sure;
the upper one from page 21 in contrary does, which is Obvious by the abbreviation
upon the lower arm.

Great information as usual Garry. I will post another portrait photo of a Jungvolk leader wearing 2 triangles tomorrow (getting late here in OZ) Inscription on the rear of that one is dated 1943 so I presume definitely not KLV in this particular case.

Can you please show the orders?

Here is the order concerning the wearing of two triangles Wim:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

For those who don't read German the sentence says:

"changes to the regulation Hitler Youth uniform are forbidden, also within KLV camps. This applies to the wearing of two sleeve triangles denoting the sending Gebiet and the receiving Gebiet"

Attachments

Attachments

Last edited:
As can be seen on the first photo the rear is dated 1943, showing that boys were still actively wearing 2 triangles post'42. If the same rules applied as in the KLV Order in that displaying 2 triangles was forbidden, it makes me wonder how strongly these rules were enforced.

By the way, anyone out there have any idea what district on the lower triangle on the first photo is? Last 3 letters look like 'gen' but it's not Mitte Thuringen. Edd

Hi Edd,

That lower triangle is Mitte Thüringen. His "home" Gebiet is Düsseldorf which was a sending Gebiet in the KLV programme with Thüringen being a receiving Gebiet. So with him being DJ like the boys in the other photos (the KLV was for kids aged between 10 and 14) there is still a possibility that they are all taking part in the programme :) Nord Nordmark (third photo) wasn't a sending Gebiet in 1940 when the initial KLV orders were published but it did become one later. I have a boy's complete paperwork and this shows that he was sent from Nordmark to the KLV twice in the mid-1940s. Who knows if I'm right about the KLV connection but it makes sense to me :)

Thanks for that Garry, great to know. So if the Dusseldorf boy is on KLV Duty, which is likely, looks looks like he was ignoring uniform regulations :001_smile: as the photo is 1943.

Re-visiting an old thread here. Going through my collection it is amazing how many show boys wearing 2 district triangles (including leaders)and well after the 1942 Ban. Here is a couple of photos from KLV Hub 1943. The Photos show Onberscharfuhrer Joachim Wefing and Fahnlein 1. All the boys are wearing 2 district triangles, in this case the triangles are Mitte Sachsen and West Saarpfalz. The shoulder straps of the boys are Bann 70. KLV Hub was declared the best KLV in 1943 under the leadership of Wefing, who on return to his Bann was immediately promoted to Fähnleinführer. I own Wefing's paperwork and photo album and he was very highly thought of. His last piece of paper work dates 31-January 1945 and lists all the names of Laeders of the Bann and where they are fighting and how they may be contacted, it a very interesting document.

Attachments

Back