Kleinkaliber Wehrsportgewehr

Thanks Received
Hello,
In my new area of subject I am looking for period documentation on the small bore rifles used by the HJ (DSM, KKW) : regulation, adverts, photos. If anyone has anything to show that would be great.
Thanks,
Lauri

Thank you for the links Henrik. I will take a look at it.
Hope to find one of these small rifles soon for the shooting range.
I'm having fun right now with a Danish Schultz & Larsen M70 ;)

HJ and DJ exercise shooting

HJ and DJ exercise shooting

Top photo: HJ with machine gun (dummy ?). Note decal on helmet.

Mittle and buttom: Dj shooting exercise with dummy rifle photos. Note the "dead" DJ boys.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Interesting, thank you Henrik.
Found in an old catalog: a beautiful "Simson", my dream!

Attachments

Hello,
I recently acquired this book written by Robert Simpson and I highly recommend it for anyone interested in German small caliber rifles including air rifles. This book is 800 pages and contains valuable historical information on the development, manufacture and use of these firearms. Each manufacturers weapons are covered with serial number records (where possible) along with accessories. There are many pictures of period advertisements and pictures of weapons in use including HJ, DJ, and BDM. Each firearm has several pages dedicated to it's history. There are also sections of other nation's training rifles from countries occupied by Germany. Well written and organized, you won't be disappointed.

Attachments

Thank you for the tip. I have this one "German small bore training rifles" by Bruno Guigues. It's a must-have work also.

Attachments

The books didn't seem printed much. You are not to be found on the net.

@ Lauri here some rifles German 22 Trainers - Page 1 - United States you can also buy his book on .22 trainers there, he has begun to sell his collection, book is great has tons of HJ shooting pics, shooting advertisements, etc., he has several trainers that are HJ property marked, he had over 1,200 of these guns, if you collect HJ you should own at least one .22 trainer Best Regards

Are these the usual prices?

His are somewhat high, can be lower if you can find them anymore, a decent KKW around 1500-2000, DSMs around 800 -2000, add 500-1000 if HJ, SA, SS marked, some makes are more rare than others.

An impressive collection! Very difficult in France to take an untouched rifle. Many were transformed after the war (sporterized).

Back