Knife with dedication

Thanks Received
This HJ knife is up for auction soon, it has a dedication engraved on the hilt. It looks to be an original piece my question is on the dedication...does it look like it is original or applied post war?.
Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I also think the knife is original and also in a beautiful condition. I also consider the engraving to be contemporary, but not verifiable. Therefore there will always be doubts.

It is very difficult to determine it from pictures.

I notice that SS is included in the text. It could well be that the knife was given as a gift to a HJ's from W. Finnberg, who was SS Sturmmann.

BUT it could also be that with the SS it is for the knife to cost more EURO.

As Pimpf 259 writes, it does not make it any easier that there is no verification with.

Personally, I would be very careful about bidding it home at the auction at all costs, my price would be what it's worth without the inscription.

Michael :denmark

Who's thinking of home in 1935? Just a thought. 1939, 40-45 perhaps yes but 1935?

Correct German should be: "Denk an die Heimat, Kamerad!" (Or perhaps still acceptable: "Denk an die Heimat! Kamerad!")
The punctuation is strange.
Despite of that in 1935 the Gothic script (Fraktur) was much more in common use than Latin one.

So I would have doubts ...

Back