LANDJAHR 1934 Booklet for your opinions

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good afternoon,

Please see attached a 1934 Landjahr booklet for your opinions ?
Jack, as mentioned previously would it be possible to translate the script for me, thanks in advance.

Best regards.....Ewan :spain

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That's a nice early one. You'll usually see these in green and also the hardback leader version in green. Here's a couple of pics of the ones I used to own:

Leader ID:

Standard ID from 1936:

Attachments

Here comes the translation, first part.

Name: Rother
First name: Margarete
Born on: 17.9.1919
in: Hindenburg/OS. (= Upper Silesia)
Street: Zabrzestr. 9 (the name of the town Hindenburg before 1915)
was from 15 April 1934
until 15 December 1934
in the Landjahr home (location): Ostswine (district Usedom-Wollin, Pommern/Pomerania)
Signatures of home director: R. Haldern
and assistant: Hilde Bettge (obviously the person who filled in this ID)

And here's part two:

German:
Führungszeugnis:
Margarete Rother führte sich sehr gut und fiel durch ihr ruhiges und bescheidenes Wesen auf. Sie ist ein äußerst korrektes Mädel.

Leistungszeugnis:
Ihre Arbeiten führte sie gut aus. Die schriftlichen Arbeiten verrichtete sie besonders ordentlich und gut.

Unterschriften:
Gretel Sievert, Gruppenleiterin
Hella Schubert, Helferin

And the English translation:

Certificate of good conduct:
Margarete Rother conducted herself very well and stood out with her quiet and modest nature. She is an extremely correct girl.

Achievement certificate:
She carried out her work well. She did her written work particularly well and neatly.

Signatures:
Gretel Sievert, Group Leader
Hella Schubert, Assistant

That's a nice early one. You'll usually see these in green and also the hardback leader version in green. Here's a couple of pics of the ones I used to own:

Leader ID:

First time I've seen a Landjahr leader booklet. Very nice.

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your reply, good to see a führer/leader issue version as mentioned in your Landjahr article, very nice.

Best regards......Ewan

Last edited:
Jack,

Thank you very much for your fast translation, its really interesting to learn about this young lady, she must have been proud with her excellent report, I need to learn German.

Best regards......Ewan

Hi Ewan,

You're welcome, anytime. The girls made it easy for me with their neat writing though :biggrin1:.

Absolutely. Contrast this with a Kurrent letter dated 18 January 1687 (yes, more than 333 years old, 14 years before the foundation of the Kingdom of Prussia).
You can see the differences in the writing. This one is already linguistically much more difficult to transcribe.
But this is the fascination of history, isn't it?

Attachments

Hi Jack,

I am framing my 1934 Landjahr booklet with your translations from German to English, could you please translate the introduction page (second photo ) into English for me ?

Best regards....Ewan

Hi Ewan,

yes, I can do that in the very near future, no problem. I think it should be done by tomorrow.
And to answer your other question right here, the measurements were taken directly from the RZM regulations ;-).

Regards,
Jack

Faster than I would have thought myself, here it is:

Die Inhaberin dieses Ausweises hat nach Verlassen der Schule ihrer Landjahrpflicht genügt. Die kräftigende Landjahrerziehung bei bäuerlicher Arbeit in disziplinierter Erziehungsgemeinschaft läßt erwarten, daß die Inhaberin dieses Ausweises eine zuverlässige Jungarbeiterin und Kämpferin des Dritten Reiches werden wird.
Die Arbeitgeber weise ich hierauf bei Einstellung der Ausweisinhaberin ausdrücklich hin. Ich erwarte, daß die Inhaberin dieses Ausweises der im Landjahr gewonnenen inneren und äußeren Haltung im Geiste Adolf Hitlers allezeit treu bleiben wird.

B. Rust
(Reichsminister für Wissenschaft, Erziehung und Volksbildung)

English Translation:

The holder of this pass has fulfilled her land year obligation after leaving the school. The invigorating Landjahr education in peasant work in a disciplined educational community leads to the expectation that the holder of this card will become a reliable young worker and fighter for the Third Reich.
I explicitly point this out to employers when employing the card holder. I expect that the holder of this card will always remain faithful to the inner and outer attitude in the spirit of Adolf Hitler gained during the Landjahr.

B. Rust
(Reich Minister for Science, Education and Culture)*

*) Here again you see the eternal battle between the RJF and the "arch-enemy" Ministry of Education for jurisdiction and supremacy.

Hi Jack,

Thank you again for doing the latest translation for me, I will write out the translations and get my Landjahr grouping framed, its a DIY job but will look good. Once finished I will post a photo on the forum so you can see it.
The more I read about the TR period the more I realise it was a series of power struggles within each department and each arm of the services, to try and make themselves look good to AH.

Best regards....Ewan :spain

Hi Ewan,

Good luck with your project.
Yes, on the one hand everyone wanted to look good to Hitler, on the other hand it was his tactic to fragment his entourage as much as possible and not let anyone become too powerful - the tried and tested divide et impera.

There is a mistake in the translation, it should of course read: Reich Minister OF ...

Back