M1/70 HJ honour badge - good?

Thanks Received
I see some have concerns over this maker M1/70 but I can not see anything that makes me think this badge is anything but an old original. From the quality to the patina. Any thoughts?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi there,

I am no expert on the HJ Ehrenzeichen (Honour badge), however there is a complete study on the forum all about the M1/70 being a massive fake.

Study of Fake M1/70 HJ Honour badges (HJ Ehrenzeichen) in the Fake section under metal badges,

this study will tell you everything you need to know about this fake badge, hope this helps.

Best regards......Ewan

Last edited by a moderator:
From Ewan's link which lists 69 of these M1/70 badges: The maker M1/70 lost his licence in 1935 and there are no known small badges of any other type from this maker" (proof of the loss of the RZM licence is shown). Jo Rivett has examined many of these badges and he considers all M1/70 HJ honour badges to be fakes. With that in mind you should avoid them and go for a badge made by a known good maker as discussed in this thread:

Last edited:
Yes. Having read a few threads on the forum just now it would seem that any badge with a number that low would have been made by RZM 15 Hofstätter. With M1/70 having lost his RZM licence and not being a badge maker anyway I don't think there can be any doubt that these M1/70 badges are modern copies. They seem to be made very well and do look convincing though.

Back