Marine HJ portrait photos - Help ID Awards

Thanks Received
I'm a big portrait collector...generally I don't pick up HJ portraits, but this popped up and I couldn't resist. Whole bunch of stuff going on here...lanyard, armband, and a chest full of badges. I can ID the party badge and the HJ membership badge, but have not been able to figure out the large badge or the medal. I assume the medal is Austrian by the mounting, but have been unable to ID it

Also, does anyone know what the hat tally says? The text is too long and wrapped around too far to see it all in the photo

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

One of them looks like this .

Attachments

The tally will say "2 Reichsseesportschule 2". This training school was located in Seemoos on the Bodensee (Lake Constance).

One of them looks like this .

Thank you...think you nailed it! At first I thought maybe DLRG but it's not a cutout, I'm not familiar with the plethora of tinnies.

The medal almost looks aviation related, but that doesn't make sense for this man, I don't think.

Yeah, so the AH tinnie, party badge and HJ membership badge down one side and on the other.. well, going by the eagle this is related to the Luftwaffe. Looks way too lavish to be a simple day badge but it's not a medal that I recognise. Hopefully someone can help

Yeah, so the AH tinnie, party badge and HJ membership badge down one side and on the other.. well, going by the eagle this is related to the Luftwaffe. Looks way too lavish to be a simple day badge but it's not a medal that I recognise. Hopefully someone can help
I, too, thought aviation-related...but as a sea-going youth, I found that odd. I've posted this on a few forums now...no ID yet!

Back