My HJ Sommermutze for your opinions ?

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good evening all,

Just looking at Josh's very nice HJ Sommermutze, reminded me to post a few photos of my own recently acquired HJ Sommermutze for your opinions? It is a size 57, I see a lot on size 53 HJ Sommermutze, I take it this is due 53 being a fairly common head size ?
Best regards....Ewan :spain

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Ewan,

No problem with your HJ Side cap, 100 % genuine. Perfectly regulatory pattern and the size is for a small head, I don't see where your fears are ....! I like it :001_smile:

Best Regards
Eric

The regulations state for the HJ-Lagermütze (p. 120): Die angegebenen Maße gelten für die fertige Mütze bei Kopfweite 56. The measurements given are for the finished cap at head size 56.
Therefore, we may assume that this was the standard size.
Children, of course, had smaller heads, so that one often finds sizes 53 and 54.

Hi Eric,
Thank you for your thumbs up :clap2:, I liked the Sommermutze but as a beginner in collecting HJ, its always good to get opinions from seasoned HJ collectors on the forum.

Best regards......Ewan :spain

Hi Jack,

Thanks again for the Regulation's information, it all adds to more knowledge and history about my Sommermutze. Yes makes sense, small children small heads.

Best regards..... Ewan :spain

Back