mysterious lad, unknown?

Thanks Received
Helmond, Netherlands. My hometown is located near
A German friend of mine did send me a very, very interesting photograph. If I knew what the lad in the photo was, he asked?
I have no idea where he got this superb mistery photo!
Frankly said I do not have a clue and after consulting some of the real TR-experts, there is no answer. No idea at all!

The worn dress looks political, but there are a lot of differences with the known facts. Neither does give the worn field cap or
collar-patch with the Austrian Edelweiss a final answer!
Most interesting however is the worn cuffband, which gives us the abbreviation: Z.A.B. Lo La.
Some suggestions about this were made, but a final answer we do not have here! Maybe he is from the one or the other
school-system??

Maybe one of the wiseguys at the HJ-forum can give an answer. Here are the photo and a close-up from the cuffband
and worn collar-patch and shoulder-strap:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

ZAB maybe relates to the "Corps Rhenania" a student network that existed until 1935. "Lo. La." could be the location ie a town name?

A German friend of mine did send me a very, very interesting photograph. If I knew what the lad in the photo was, he asked?
I have no idea where he got this superb mistery photo!
Frankly said I do not have a clue and after consulting some of the real TR-experts, there is no answer. No idea at all!

The worn dress looks political, but there are a lot of differences with the known facts. Neither does give the worn field cap or
collar-patch with the Austrian Edelweiss a final answer!
Most interesting however is the worn cuffband, which gives us the abbreviation: Z.A.B. Lo La.
Some suggestions about this were made, but a final answer we do not have here! Maybe he is from the one or the other
school-system??

Maybe one of the wiseguys at the HJ-forum can give an answer. Here are the photo and a close-up from the cuffband
and worn collar-patch and shoulder-strap:

Hi,
I would suggest that the young man belonged to the SA. The shoulder boards seem to be the post 1938 pattern. Dual piping around the collar. And the collar tab with edelweiss was worn by some SA unit in SA-Gruppe Südmark. Strange that it´s worn on the left side of the collar though. The side cap looks like an SA-Lagermütze.

I have no expertise about such a photo but there is nothing to suggest to me that he has anything to do with the HJ and the shoulder epilate indicates he is a member of some musical band.

I agree with Osvald 21.

The shoulder straps looks like SA to me.

Same with the collar piping.

Collar patch as well

Musicians swallow nests too

The cap could well be an SA Lagermütze

Boith pics is from Angolias "Cloth Insignia oft he NSDAP and SA" - taken fom the SA section.

It was just a few quick shots from the hip, but there must be others who know more.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back