NPEA Potsdam photographs

Interesting uniforms/photo
Not the textbook winteruniformen with 4 buttons,
But they do have the early backflaps.
No signs of npea at the schoulderboards.

Interesting uniforms/photo
Not the textbook winteruniformen with 4 buttons,
But they do have the early backflaps.
No signs of npea at the schoulderboards.

Hello,

This Picture is well known to NPEA collectors.
It's one of my favourites.
It is normal that the uniforms shown are without shoulder straps with the letters "NPEA" because it is the "Anstaltsuniform".

Best Regards
Eric

Good afternoon,

I have uploaded the well known photo just for a "test", there are several more photos from the same series online, and all photos were related with the
NPEA Potsdam.

Here another photo from the series, the german so-called "Wehrsportkarabiner" shown to the boys by the same NPEA Ausbilder at the NPEA Potsdam.

It would be interesting for me to identify the photographer of the photo series at that time?
I know at least three photos from this series, and the quality of the images is very good.

Micha

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The then so-called "Wehrsportkarabiner" on a HJ shooting range:

Micha

Attachments

NPEA Potsdam wardrobe shot,
thought it would be a good addition to thread

Attachments

Thanks to Joshlee23,

a very interesting photo, I have never seen before...

In the 1960s, I was given a German air rifle, it was the then air rifle variant of the "Wehrsportkarabiner" that was used in the DJ and in the HJ before.
The barrel of the air gun was blocked, we children played with this rifle.
Interesting in this context, the then accountant in my grandparents' company was an Alsatian who, as a 17-year-old young man, served in the Waffen-SS, and later served in the "Das Reich" division.

The man was sentenced to death in absentia in France after 1945 as a participant in the massacre of Oradour sur Glane.
He passed away in the late 1970s, early 1980s, living a normal life in my hometown Bad Zwischenahn, in his own house. But that would be a very long story...

To get to the point, the man disassembled this rifle into all its component parts in a short time, the man remembered exactly what he had been trained on, down to the last detail.
These young boys have never forgotten what they were taught during their training at the time, all of which was still present decades later.

I don't know why my grandparents employed the man in their company, unfortunately I don't know the reasons at the time?

Micha

P.S. One might shake one's head about it today, but that's just how it was."One crow never takes the eye out of the other crow!"

Attachments

Here two more photos of the Haenel/Schmeisser "Wehrsport Luftgewehr" from 1939:

These airgun "carbines" are relatively rare these days, and are highly traded depending on their condition.
Unfortunately, when I was a boy, I screwed up my copy, I was never able to find a second copy, it's a shame about the beautiful piece, today much rarer than a 98k
Karabiner.

Micha

Attachments

Another photo about the NPEA Potsdam, unfortunately, I don't remember the source of the photo, otherwise I would name the source here.

I do not know, whether the photo was actually of the NPEA Potsdam?
The small handful of photos taken at the time were consistently of high quality, and were most certainly taken by a commercial photographer.
Maybe there is a reference to the photographer at that time, that would be interesting..?

Another image from that time is marked with a digital watermark from the company "akg images", which I will of course not post here.
The photo also shows the former trainer, inspecting the "Jungmannen".

Micha

Attachments

Back