Ost Schlesien - Early variation triangle

Thanks Received
A great reference photo for a fantastic early scripture Ost Schlesien triangle. I like the little looking rune running through the O.

Josh

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It looks funny and a little weird. The s in Schlesien should have been the elongated, standard-s. But this would have come into conflict with the t above in Ost because of its length. Therefore, the wrong short s (the so-called Schluss-s) was used here.
The thing in the O is a decorative element, by the way.
Thanks for showing, Josh.

Hey Josh, thank you for the great picture with the early scripture Ost Schlesien triangle. Such photos make the forum interesting for research. I would like to add here another Ost Schlesien photo that displays a different lettering - maybe a second period of the Schlesien triangle. There were several more in use in later "periods". Maybe someone would like to add here another lettering ? Would be nice.

Attachments

Thanks Jack for your kind advice to the different "S" that was used in the Ost Schlesien triangle. Your keen eye gave us a clue that we all missed. I love such details !(y):thumbup:

Thank you, Chlodwig.
The triangle you showed in your last post is indeed also one of the 1st pattern. Among other things, you can recognise it by the swallowtail-like decoration on the h and l in Schlesien. The 2nd pattern is much more "plain, clear".

Jack , these are the kind of details that make collecting of sleeve triangles very interesting. I remember when I started collecting sleeve triangles not knowing anything about the huge variety that was produced in the Third Reich. Thanks a lot for sharing your advice to all members of the Forum.
I think some people in this Forum know more about HJ items than people who once have worked for the Reichszeugmeisterei. :001_tongue::thumbup:

Great triangles you show, I'll add mine when I get a chance.

Thanks for all your comments, I do love seeing the different fonts, size and sometimes placement etc in each photo. Then being able to show the exact example is always nice.
I also love the oddities, here is a really interesting photo of a member with an early scripture triangle but post 38 boards (maybe his brothers old one?), and a boy who clearly didn't get the brief :)
Enjoy

Attachments

Hi Josh, I was laughing out loud watching the second boy who wears the sleeve triangle "little too deep". When I watch the boy´s face I think he might be 50 years old :LOL:. A wonderful picture that will make many people smile.

Great triangles you show, I'll add mine when I get a chance.
Hallo Steve, ich bin sicher , dass du viele schöne Fotos hast , die es wert sind hier veröffentlicht zu werden. Freue mich drauf !
Hi Steve, I'm sure you have many beautiful photos worth posting here. I am excited !

Do you feel the same? I am particularly happy when I can find my district sleeve triangles on a historical photo in wear . It is not the earliest font but I thought you all would love such photos.

Attachments

Hello, I also think it's great if you have a nice example photo for the triangle. Especially if it is a rare triangle.

Back