Paper packages for HJ knives - year 1944

Thanks Received
Hello collectors,
I`d like to ask you for help. I`m looking for a reference images of HJ knife`s paper package from year 1944, then I could create one of my own - it`s for a movie purpose. I`ve already found some images from 1942, but as my superior want to create the most accurate copy of its, perhaps some of you can advice me which website shall I visit? Or maybe some of you have this paper package at home and would be able to send me scans? :001_rolleyes:
Thank you.

Hi,

Hitler Youth knife production was discontinued in early 1943. "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" dated the 20th of February 1943 and a follow-up statement published in an issue of the magazine "Deutsche Uniformen Zeitschrift" dated 31st of May 1943 (page 20) are the sources. This decision was not reversed in print. We can safely assume that very few, if any HJ knives were manufactured after this point.

Yes, there is no such item. All Hitler Youth knives were forbidden to be produced after early 1943. Most non-war related knives were, but they are grouped together in period mentions as "just over 200 sorts." But with the HJ knife, we have it mentioned in black and white that it was discontinued. See the links provided by Garry.

Back