Rare DJ Berlin Trumpet banner multi piece & DJ Nurnberg Wimple multi piece minty

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Hi there,

Have you seen the DJ trumpet banner and DJ wimple for sale on the WAF? any idea what they sold for and if they are genuine ?
I will attempt to post some photos.

Best regards...Ewan :spain

Photos of DJ Wimple

See photos of DJ wimple, from your opinions

regards...Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Photos of DJ trumpet banner

Hello again,

See photos of DJ trumpet banner for your opinions.

Best regards...Ewan :spain

Attachments

The Jungvolk is non-standard but who knows. Could well be authentic. The fanfare banner fringe looks pretty minty for its age but again, could also be a good item as there is/was lots of variation, particularly with fanfare banners.

When i see the last photos of the trumpet banner, i see that this silver bullion fringe is not authentic. I don't see any sign of wear either.
I would point out that it is quite normal and logical that the materials used age over time.
Obviously, a lot of collectors don't understand this.
Here is modern fringe with silver bullion.

Attachments

I know both, the banners and the seller as I had the chance to get some other banners from him. Banner / pennant are original without any doubt.

Not to be a party pooper here Michael but sellers often know squat about the things they sell. The seller's rep shouldn't really play a role here imo..

Not to be a party pooper here Michael but sellers often know squat about the things they sell. The seller's rep shouldn't really play a role here imo..

are you suggesting then, that these pieces are questionable?

Well, I was really just pointing out that a seller is no gurantee for the authenticity of what he sells. I would stand by my comments further up the page about the items themselves but would agree with Widukind that the banner fringe does look very minty. I've owned a couple of these banners and the fringes on both had aged much more than those in post 1. Could be down to the lighting though.

Back