RBWK 1944 Gausieger badge - what to look for

Thanks Received
Here is one that is up @ auction IMHO it is a bad one due to the 2 areas I circled on the photograph. One question that I have is people say on these 44's to look at the right shoulder for the deformed feather is that what I have circled? There are a couple more areas on this particular badge that I believe make it a repro again it is JMHO. Am I correct in calling it a bad one?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Yes Mike, that's the shoulder where the deformed feather can be found. As you say, based on current info that badge is a modern copy. Looking forward to Jo's upcoming analysis of these 1944s which will hopefully add some much needed clarity on these badges.

:pound:
Firstly, briefly, I see that Stuart last logged in 4 years ago, so I don`t think he will be contributing to this thread or any others, which is a pity, as he commented on most of these Gausieger 1944 threads. And as for Don Scowen, well I very much doubt he will be either, seeing as it`s been 5 years since he last said hello to anyone here. :lol:

Secondly, forget anything you have read about a shoulder, or a deformed wing, or red circles or anything else, as that is not why this badge is fake.
Thirdly, I`ll try my best to get some sort of video together by the end of this week.
Fourthly, I still can`t see why anyone was known as the go-to man on these? I have read all the other fora too, and NOTHING, absolutely nothing about why these are fake, only the same repetitive "wing-shoulder", with no reasons given whatsoever as to what was actually wrong with the wing or shoulder. That is sad and reflects the state of the hobby. Well for me anyway, and it is as if there is some grand secret knowledge that only a few gurus are supposed to know. Newcomers therefore needing their blessing before buying one. Seen that happen with Honor Rings, GESTAPO Discs and so on...
Fifthly, this hobby might not need me as a person, seeing as I can be a cantankerous sod at times, and don`t really get on well with most collectors, but, this hobby needs to listen me, and the next video will show you why.

Sixthly-or Sickly, collectors do not need a go-to man. Not me for small badges, not anyone else for any other item. You only need yourself, a microscope and your items.

There has obiously been no examination or even detailed look at these at all,ever, hence the wrong and totally irellevant "clues" of the shoulder or the deformed wing or whatever else was said. Thats sad, but unfortunately just the way this hobby has always worked. Some collectors focus on one thing or a few, and then just get known as the go-to man on those items.

I can also well understand why any dealer who had read these posts here and elsewhere, would still keep his Gausieger 1944 listed for sale (as many have right now) as the "facts" as to why this is fake, are, a nothingburger. Well-intended, I have no doubt about that, but by no means any kind of "evidence" at all, rather only that a few collectors say "wing, shoulder.." as we have seen on so many other items.

The next video will get me :first: prize for sure, but of course I didn`t buy this badge and was sent it by user: 2dukes, so after all is said and done, the community will owe him a "Thanks" too. And I guess he can take the :second:.

Stuart has left the hobby a long time ago and sold all his Sieger Awards. On the latest Ratisbon's auction was a cased fine original 1944 for sale. Sometimes they offering the real stuff. :violin: Don Scowen also had the habit to check the number of chest feathers which should be 19. Don't know if the fakes have the same number... The very thin question mark shaped catch is from steel (magnetic), I guess if such a thin catch would be made in brass it would not be strong enough. Also the pin is made of steel.

Jo, thanks & I look forward to your article on these badges. Also thanks to Gary and Win for your help.

Jo, thanks & I look forward to your article on these badges. Also thanks to Gary and Win for your help.
No, I`ll never write another article again as long as I walk this earth.
VIDEO`S, dragging the hobby into the 21st century. Look foward to a nice long video on this Gausieger-feather-wing-Ra Ra badge. And in the video I won`t even look at or mention anything about a feather or wing, or anything else that the go-to men have Ra Ra-ed on about before me. I`ll simply "Sodcast" it, then you`ll know everything you need to know about it.
I finished both the 2D and 3D video footage today, spent an hour or two putting it together, and hopefully should be ready to rock and roll by the end of the week.

B-roll "mugu" footage I have enough of, as the wife`s been away the past 3 weeks, so I`ve been able to "get my mugu on":pound:

So, grab onto your eyeballs so they don`t pop out of your head and roll about on the floor.
As pathetic as this fake is, it`s a magic item for me to Sodcast-about, as I can link it to others, and continue to drive my points home.
And, and this is the cast with most items (like the two recent French videos for example) everything I need to tell you about this badge, has not been addressed in the slightest before, so it once again confirms what I have been Ra Ra-ing about these past years.

I knew 2018 was going to be epic.

Back