RJF Gefolgschaft boat ride photo

Thanks Received
Hello
I have read that people who had to wear RJF gefolgschaft triangle were people who were mostly lower grade employees. They were not authorised to wear RJF or RJF stab had to wear the RJF Gefolgschaft triangle. Who are these men and what exactly do they do? They are in the marine HJ leadership but exactly in what state.
Also I see he has little anchors on the man back right's shoulder boards, does anyone have anymore info or photos on these? They look very interesting.
I also see the man back left looks to have a white base triangle? But I think it might of been the sun or photo exposure.
The man back right also looks to have a different wreath style on his cap to the other 3, maybe its an older type cap ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice photo. The anchors were an unauthorised device on shoulderstraps/boards. You can search the forum for other examples. There were numerous orders reminding personnel that the anchor was non-regulation and should not be worn. However, I have a theory on this photo :)

The RJF-Gefolgschaft triangle that you can see there was worn by those on the staff of structures directly subordinate to the Reichsjugendführer (the head of such organisations wore the RJF-Stab triangle). With that in mind and with the fact that these are clearly Marine-HJ personnel, I think that the three without tie may be staff members of either Bann S or BS. The chap in pic 2 is interesting as he appears to be of higher status than the others on the boat. We can't see his triangle but he is wearing the standard uniform for higher Marine-HJ leaders as shown in regulations from 1938 (brown shirt, black tie, shoulder board buttons etc). With this in mind, the markings on his straps (above the three Gefolgschaftsführer pips) might not be an anchor but rather "RJF". That would possibly make him the leader of either Bann BS or S meaning that his obscured triangle would be "RJF-Stab". Unfortunately I have no photos of him but this could possibly be Erich Loeffert who was the long-serving Bannführer of Bann BS (Binnenschifffahrt). Loeffert was promoted to Obergefolgschaftsführer on 9.11.1938 so when Bann BS was raised (4.3.1938), he was indeed still a Gefolgschaftsführer so the rank on the shoulder boards in the photo works with my theory.

Anyway, until we have a photo of Loeffert to compare with the chap in post 2 it remains a theory that this is indeed him.

Brilliant Info Garry, thank you for that. Interesting theory and thanks to your detective work its definitely possible.
Thanks again !

Back