RZM D2 maker wanted!

Jack

Thanks Received
I very much hope that you experts on RZM lists could bring me clarity which maker hides behind the code D2/60309 (Kleiderfabriken).
Thank you very much!

I only have access to the 1935 lists which you can buy from Jo's site. Unless I've missed it there is no D2 prefix shown so I can only assume that this came in post-1935.

Thanks Garry.
Coming from Sudetenland, so you're right with your post-1035 assumption. Unfortunately, the tag is totally faded.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

After some work with a picture editor I got this result:

According to an inscription the maker should be Richard-Tuchfabrik. I have no assured knowledge on them, but this maker could have been situated in Spremberg (Lausitz), Heinrichstraße.
And I'm still hoping to get this cross-checked.

Attachments

Thanks Wim!
So I must have misinterpreted the "reconstruction" of the stamp mark.
Could you please look up in your list if you can find "Tuch-Richard" (that's the correct name, as mentioned probably from Spremberg)? That would be really great.

Attachments

Thanks again Wim.
There are only a very few traces of this company to be found. I saw a paper company logo advertised as "from Erfurt".
And there's a Archive Findbuch/catalogue entry with C. Richard, Spremberg (and a newspaper reference 15 years ago, with Heinrichstraße, Spremberg).

And that's it. I have dealt with that topic for some time, with poor results.
Unfortunately, there's no location on the logo.

P.S.: Could it be 80309??

Attachments

Thank you anyway Wim.
Erfurt wasn't very likely, only a statement of an internet user wanting something to sell.
I trust the archive :001_rolleyes:, the initials C.R. fit for C(arl) Richard as well as the company's name Tuch-Richard.
I have no idea why they are not mentioned in the RZM list and now I am at my wit's end ;-).
My few sources all tells the inner town of Spremberg - and there is no potentially incorporated village nearby.

As a first name Richard was quite common during the first part of 20th century, as a family name not. I believe that the company's founder was Carl Richard senior, as the Junior was one of the holders mentioned in the records of the Amtsgericht.

Attachments

The logo is on the inner sleeve. It says: " Tuch-Richard. 1833-1933. 100 Jahre deutsche Tuchfabrik" and the initials C.R.
No location mentioned. I only found that archive link and a Spremberg newspaper also mentioning Tuch-Richard there.

The RZM tag with the number 60... is to be found in post #3.
I will try to take a better pic of the logo, one moment...

Best ones possible ;-). It is much worn, washed, and therefore faded. Next to the manufacturer is the RZM logo with "DJ Blusenstoff" (or what has been remained of it).

So they must had been RZM licensed whereever their office was situated.

Something that is supporting the Spremberg assumption - a "Lausitzer Rundschau" report (2004) on a Dutch forced labourer in Spremberg:

Second paragraph: "In der Heinrichstraße 6 habe er zusammen mit anderen Holländern im Bekleidungslager der Tuchfabrik C. Richard arbeiten müssen."
Ich hatte noch einen Koffer in Spremberg | Lausitzer Rundschau

Attachments

The stamp was brought onto the cloth by the manufacturer of the cloth.
This might be another concern. D2 made the clothes (Kleiderfabrik).
If I find the time I will have a look if indeed there is such name amongst
cloth manufacturers. I even do not know if there was such list.
Had a look, no results!

Thanks once again Wim! I haven't considered the difference between Tuchfabrik and Kleiderfabrik :sleep:. So Richard/Spremberg is probably the maker of the fabric, and Küster/Bösingfeld made the uniform (if the sequence of numbers is indicated correctly). And of course I hope very selfish that you will find the time for a successful research on the cloth makers list ;-). Thank you for your time and energy!

Back