SAGA May 1967 Forger Jim Atwood article

Thanks Received
The may 1967 SAGA magazine, with a long article from the Forger Jim Atwood, including the fantasy SA-Birdshead dagger :pound:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I can't remember now but how did Gottlieb explain this one away? Is the dagger pictured in the book the actual one he was selling?

No, the one pictured was the one that was in the Sterling Gambino collection .. and strangely enough, he features alongside other Greats like:Wittmann, Johnson, Shea, Weinand, Niemann, Coates, the list goes on... ► ♫♪♫♪♪♪♫

Well you know how Gottlieb explained it, Atwood`s home-made photo-album with Polaroid pic stuck in and handwritten crap, is refereed to by Gottlieb as Definite proof, as Period Factory photos :pound:
Note that this was such a high award, that the PERIOD EICKHORN factory photos state a few special names, and then ua... LOL....... UA being the German abb. for"unter anderem' or "as well as others.."
What a pixx take !
:sad:

Incl. images of the "period eickhorn factory photos" as well as the post war USA Militaria Reference Book that they appear in, as Genuine of course.
(I do believe, that all these Gentlemen have no idea what a period Factory photo looks like)

edit: sorry, the modern reference book says PERIOD EICKHORN FACTORY FILES...ha ha ha ha ha, not photos..... OK, so none of them know what a period factory file looks like then.

Attachments

Last edited:
:) And despite all of the evidence, the last thing I remember reading from him about the dagger was that 'some believe that it's period, some don't' (something close to that anyway)

Well, he ended that thread by saying:
Economy? Forum hit campaign? Ugly blade? You decide. High End daggers don't fly off the shelves these days, especially with the Euro faltering (most buyers for high-end daggers are in fact in Europe). Again, most people with experience in this genre know this dagger to be authentic. Only Fred Stephens and "forum gurus" follow a different path. Again, if you don't like it, or don't like it, don't buy it. But if it were a fantasy piece, I would not sell it.
And for those that dont know, Fred Stephens, was writing research books about Fake Daggers before Gottlieb hatched....long before he hatched! The "most people" he is talking about, are the?? oh thats right, the special club, the Wittman, Gambino(R.I.P), Johnson, Weinand, Shea etc etc etc crew who all shift each others fantasy and fake wares, and who are all directly responsible for Horror-daggers like the DJ with diamond on scabbard, Green HJ diamonds dagger, Olympics daggers, Reichsparteitage.... and the rest.... They all stick together like shxt to a blanket, and have been manipulating the market for decades. Karma gonna get them sooner or later.... the higher you play, the more there is to loose when you fall.

Back