Schorndorf photo album

Thanks Received
Hello all
I have recently bought this album but unfortunately these are the only pics I have right now. I have never seen this cuff or this type of banner used. Were these private purchase trumpet banners?
Any insight is really appreciated.
When It arrives I will post clearer photos
Thank you anyone

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

More photos

Attachments

Impressive photos. Maybe it has a relationship to the town of Schorndorf near Stuttgart in Württemberg. Hopefully you'll get some more clues when you hold the album in your hands, or the ID will clear it up.

Very nice indeed :thumb:

The main chap in the photos is the leader of this FZ (Fanfarenzug). He's wearing the appropriate swallow's nest insignia which in his case would have been wool tress and wool tassles. The cufftitle "FZ Schorndorf" is an unofficial item as the only official insignia were the swallow's nests but great to see it. His fanfare banner may well have been authorised locally but according to RJF regulations it "should" have had a DJ rune on one side. In the early days there was a lot of variation on DJ fanfare banners but orders show that eventually the designs went through a process of approval at Gebiet-level with one side of the banner always having the standard DJ rune.

You are certainly right Jack , Schordorf is not far away from Waiblingen , the Bann name on the Mitglied-ausweis and both near from Stuttgard too (BW)

Great work, Bertrand. I didn't try at all to see if I could read the stamp mark on the ID, but had also thought it would have to be the Bann Waiblingen, since Schorndorf belonged to that district (Kreis).

Very nice indeed :thumb:

The main chap in the photos is the leader of this FZ (Fanfarenzug). He's wearing the appropriate swallow's nest insignia which in his case would have been wool tress and wool tassles. The cufftitle "FZ Schorndorf" is an unofficial item as the only official insignia were the swallow's nests but great to see it. His fanfare banner may well have been authorised locally but according to RJF regulations it "should" have had a DJ rune on one side. In the early days there was a lot of variation on DJ fanfare banners but orders show that eventually the designs went through a process of approval at Gebiet-level with one side of the banner always having the standard DJ rune.
Its damn good to have you back Garry.

Thanks for your comments guys. I will post scans when I have it.
Thank you

Hi Strumble69,

a very nice set of photos, the "Ärmelband" FZ Schorndorf stood for "Fanfarenzug Schorndorf".

Here some memories from Herr Kurt Klotzbücher, a former HJ member from Schorndorf:
Link: 97-jähriger Zeitzeuge gegen AfD: Hitler-Zeit war kein „Vogelschiss“ - Nachrichten aus Schorndorf - Zeitungsverlag Waiblingen
(Please google "hitlerjugend schorndorf" for more links...)

Google Photos "HJ Fanfarenzug": HJ fanfarenzug - Google Suche

You should digitize your photos in the best possible quality with a good flatbed scanner, and maybe do some post-processing.
It's definitely worth it, you'll be able to get amazing details out of the pictures, I wish you the best of luck! ;)

The so-called "Behänge" (G: "Behang") for the musical instruments were often embroidered by hand, by family members, etc.
But that's what makes these pictures so interesting...

Thank you fore sharing the photos! (y)

Micha

Last edited:
For example:

The very first SA Sturmbann Fahnen, were hand-sewn, and hand-embroidered here in the Ammerland / Ostfriesland region.

In the late 1920s there was no nationwide production of these flags.

The early SA members came from a rural background, simple people without any schooling.
Their potential was aggression, violence, and a shared hatred of the "Reds" with whom many had fought in the trenches of World War I.

People beated each other to death whenever there was an opportunity.
The so-called "battles in the hall" are legendary, it was not uncommon for a pistol to be fired at, and sometimes one was left standing.

These groups fought more than savagely against each other long before the NSDAP finally came to power in 1933.

The years between the two world wars must have been terrible, my grandfather did not decide to do the early labor services without reason.
The young man had enough of this terror, he longed for peace, order, and finally paid work...

When I think of my "deutschnational" grandfather today, I regret the time, the young man had to grow up in, but all of that is German history.

Last edited:
Back