Shoulderstrap: DJ 1 ??

cemifor

Thanks Received
I got this from a Danish collector yesterday.

As I know very little about shoulderstraps, I would like to know more it.

Do you think it's original?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The strap is off cause shown in Saris' Handbook on page 584, but I first found it now. He writes:

"A black shoulder strap with red piping and the designation "DJ 1" . The red color of recognition is for the continent of Europe. The "DJ" abbreviation stands for Deutsche Jugend and the "1" is for Bann 1."

You can read the rest in the book.

I'm still interested in whether it is original and the value of the strap.

The shoulder board is definitely an original. The material and weave are right.
I would estimate the value at 500 euros, as these boards are very rare. A pair would likely bring over 1000 in auction.

The strap is off cause shown in Saris' Handbook on page 584, but I first found it now. He writes:

"A black shoulder strap with red piping and the designation "DJ 1" . The red color of recognition is for the continent of Europe. The "DJ" abbreviation stands for Deutsche Jugend and the "1" is for Bann 1."

You can read the rest in the book.

I'm still interested in whether it is original and the value of the strap.

Hello Henrik,

as Steve said, this shoulder strap is very rare and I can confirm without hesitation that it is original.
They were intended for those who were outside the Reich.
Here is a pair that belonged to Darin (Gefolgschaft).

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Maybe a stupid question but would a Bann 1 Deutsche Jugend strap from DJ Slovakia look the same as one worn by someone in Bann 1 DJ Hungary and if so who was the overall authority? What I mean is, in Germany it was obviously the RJF who designated uniforms etc for the Reich youth but did they also have a say in the Deutsche Jugend uniforms?

Good afternoon all,

What a beautiful rare DJ item, everyday is a learning day on the HJ Forum.
Henrik, Thank you for posting this DJ strap.

Best regards...Ewan :spain

Maybe a stupid question but would a Bann 1 Deutsche Jugend strap from DJ Slovakia look the same as one worn by someone in Bann 1 DJ Hungary and if so who was the overall authority? What I mean is, in Germany it was obviously the RJF who designated uniforms etc for the Reich youth but did they also have a say in the Deutsche Jugend uniforms?

Good question that. Just based on logic I would think that with the RJF appointing the various Landesjugendführer in Slovakia, Serbia etc it would have had a hand in the uniforms and insignia of the Deutsche Jugend too. So, with that in mind I would think that the answer to your question would be yes. I'll try to find some proof though of course.

A Bann 1 was listed in a survey "Gliederung der Deutschen Jugend ausserhalb der Reichsgrenzen",
as according the Bann-constructions from the related Landesjugendführungen:
Slowakei, Bann 1 was Pressburg
Banat und Serbien, Bann 1 was Betschkerek
Kroatien, Bann 1 was Ostsyrmien
Ungarn, Bann 1 was Schwäbische Türkei
Rumanïen, Bann 1 was Kronstadt

A complete list with Bann-indications was published in "Der Führer, Organ der Landesjugendführung
der Deutschen Volksgruppe in Rumänien", number 3/4 from March-April 1944.

Back