Standard Bearer Patch - Unissued?

Thanks Received
Hi everyone, hope all is well.

I am lucky to have this beautiful standard bearer arm patch. I believe unissued?

Apart from the small staining it is in lovely condition. Hope you like.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HI, a really nice piece, but with those ink stains it looks kind of familiar. Did you buy it from a dealer?

A nice and genuine one , nice catch !
Could you tell me if this is genuine? It looks the part to me..

Attachments

Could you tell me if this is genuine? It looks the part to me..
Sorry this one is not genuine unfortunately. There are a ton of fakes online saddle being sold as real. I’ll PM you with the differences as to not help any fakers out there!

Sorry this one is not genuine unfortunately. There are a ton of fakes online saddle being sold as real. I’ll PM you with the differences as to not help any fakers out there!
Thank you..you saved some dosh there..I thought it wasn't sold for some time.

Yes, a definite fake (the patch in post #4). We have lots of threads on these fake patches. The fakes will be close to 6cm in width (originals are wider) and all have the diamond with sharp point at top and bottom. I know of no original that has a sharp point at the top of the diamond although some do appear to believe in them. The argument could be solved through a clear period photograph showing a patch with a sharp top point but again, such a photo has not, to my knowledge, ever been shown.

Here is an original plus a couple of scans from period publications:

The Organisationsbuch der NSDAP is known to have contained mistakes so whether the third scan is a mistake I don't know. But, if fakers used that picture as the basis fo the creation of the fakes that would make sense. It looks to be narrower than the originals and also shows that sharp pointy top to the diamond that does not appear on known original patches or on scan two from the period.

Back