Strange RZM lables on Weitze`s....

Thanks Received
To me, these RZM lables look fresh printed... they look different to the normal RZM lables we see....
Opinions?
You don't have permission to view attachments.

They come from these... loads have just been listed in 3 lots...

Attachments

I only have few examples on file here but yes, that red label is a lot different isn't it. Not a type I've seen before. Here's one on an insignia introduced in 1938:

May or may not mean anything of course because the manufacturer could have had older stock labels laying around when he started to make these badges...?

Attachments

I am not able to control these tags at the moment, but anyway the lettering type was
changed in later years, as this was the law. I will ask one of my friends what he can
tell us.

But note that also before the war, and anyway as 1938 often the Gothic was not used
anymore.

Wim said:
the lettering type was changed in later years, as this was the law

Ah yes, that will be due to this order from Feb 1941 I assume where the font was changed due to a perceived connection to the Jews:

Attachments

Actually this was announced by the Reichsminister und Chef der Reichskanzlei (Rk. 237 B) with the date January 13,1941.
In this letter the reason for the changing was noted: it was just while foreigners knew how to speak German, but could not read the Gothic
properly.

Discussions set going with letters from January 17th., 22nd, and so on and also was related to the stand of the head for the eagle. Later
they came op with the Jews "story".

The inference is clear though that the RZM label change must have happened beginning in 1941 which allows us an earliest date for the label shown above by Jo.

already in earlier years with labels they used the normal letters. It is all visible in the Mitteilungsblatt.

It's visible if you have access to post-1935 examples of the RZM Mitteilungsblatt - which I don't :) I'm just trying to narrow in on an earliest date for RZM labels in Normalschrift.

It was a tangle of letter-styles. This is obvious when one consults the
manufacturing regulations from 1936. Specific tags were in Ghotic to
others in the contrary were Normalschrift: buckles were Gothic, buttons
were normal as was the dagger. Werkscharkoppel was Gothic, HJ/DJ
Koppel was normal, but "nach Vorschrift" was in Sütterlin. Some were
totally in Sütterlin.
In 1938 there were quite some in Gohtic, but others were normal. All
tags for clohtings for example were in Normal.

If I find the time I will see what is written all over about tags and labels.

Back