Turn und Sportfest Breslau DJ Knife - Wittmann

Thanks Received
What did the 1938 Breslau Sportfest have to do with HJ? Why would an HJ knife have been a prize? What the hell is this? it`s shocking.... any thoughts?
Wittmann Antique Militaria #43139 DJ Knife with Etched 1938 Breslau Sporting Event
You don't have permission to view attachments.

The grip looks melted, under the diamond, and the blade looks like it^s been snaded down a few mms`?

Wittmann claims it is a DJ knife? And that he has "only seen a few of these before"

Am I being too critical? It looks like it was acid etched lastnight? it`s simply shocking!!!!!
the "DJ style blade" ? WTF is a DJ-style blade????

Attachments

Here we go again.. Wittmann putting two and two together and coming up with Pi. As you say Jo, the Turn and Sportfest was not a HJ event so what I would ask him would be:

1. The Breslau event was not HJ but rather a national sports event but there was a HJ event that would have been a much better candidate for a "commemorative knife with DJ blade") and that was the 1938 Deutsche Jugendmeisterschaften held in Frankfurt. I mean, if you're going to get some knives engraved surely this event would make more sense...

2. The motto Blut und Ehre was discontinued by order dated 19.8.1938. The Breslau event finished three weeks earlier meaning that prior to, during and even some weeks after the event, all HJ knives in circulation and in RZM outlets would all still have had the motto - which Wittmann's knife clearly does not have. How could the Breslau lot have managed to get knives without the motto - especially the early type knife without a ricasso? I suppose it could have been a special order but...

3. The HJ knife had to be earned by the members and was a part of the uniform. Do we know of any other knives (SA etc) that were essentially downgraded to souvenir status for sporting or other events of a similar type? The Olympic and Nürnberg knives, for well-known reasons, don't count :)

4. Yes, what is a "DJ-style blade"?

5. I'm sure I'll think of something else.

And more contraditions.. 1938 and DJ? Going by Wittmann`s previous sale pitches... DJ knives were a last resort towards the end of the war...
Ha ha ha ha. Madness.... I guess it worked for him for decades with the invented RPT knives and Olympic knives.. this is probably the start of a new variant, the Breslau DJ knife!
Be interesting to see who else starts listing these.. Johnson maybe, Inkballs... he wouldn`t have just made one stencil there will be more.. he says so as well in the description.. "I have only seen a few of these".. prepping the market for more to come?

Right, just been squinting at this knife again. So it is definitely the small knife he and others call "DJ" then? He calls it DJ in the title but then waffles on about it having a DJ-style blade which seems unnecessary and I'm finding it difficult to get a sense of proportion from the pics. If it is the little "DJ" knife then I totally wasted my time with post #2 and should have just posted some expletives. If it's a full-size knife then post #2 stands.

Yes, should have added something about the contradiction between the claim "late-war, used by HJ and DJ" and the fact that the knife has an etch supposedly for a peacetime event. Completely rubbishes the late-war thing but he doesn't seem to have noticed bless him. Mind you, he, Weinland and Titball had to come up with a new theory in short order after receiving so much incoming last time around so perhaps I'm being a little harsh..

Mr Wittmann stamping his excellent credentials again with another piece of junk:

Wittmann Militaria #39885C SS Scarf / Ascot

"SS Scarf"

Label says "Nach Vorschrift der RJF" :pound:

Attachments

Hey Garry, don't you see what is going on?
Wittmann just discovered it is crap and it is his intention
to throw the piece into the dustbin, standing behind him.
He is showing his good will. Give the man a cigar!!

:001_smile:

Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil!
SS gear regulated through the RJF? Whatever next. :h

Back