Unknown MHJ flag - Bann B17

Thanks Received
I did some quick research and I cannot find anyplace an official MHJ company level flag. Does anybody out there collect these or are they so rare, that none are in existence?

I did spot this one from 2004 on WAF and have no idea what it is but have no reason to doubt it is period.

Or what the designator would stand for.

John

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That's right John. MHJ flag survivors seem to be very rare and our lists only currently show two. The other one is the post-1935 standardised type but at the moment we only have a pic of its corner panel.

That's right John. MHJ flag survivors seem to be very rare and our lists only currently show two. The other one is the post-1935 standardised type but at the moment we only have a pic of its corner panel.

Thank you for the link to the list. I am amazed what a huge amount of research and data is on this forum. I think you could also add the Hoya flag to that list at this point. John

By the way, the location of the flag discussed here is unknown. I asked the poster on WAF and he said he never bought it in the first place and it was sold to somebody else many years ago. So who knows where this has disappeared to.

John

In 1936 a short description for the naval Gefolgschaftsflag was published.
In this only the color for the patch and color for the numbers were mentioned.
There is no further talk about an anchor or so. Flags with this are without
any doubt a traditions-flag.

Attachments

Back