Variant Hitler Youth pennant - Ernst Röhm?

Thanks Received
Here is a link to an unusual HJ pennant for sale at emedals ... what are some thoughts on it?

An Unusual HJ-Berlin & Ernst Rohm Car Pennant

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Well, ostensibly this is an early pennant dedicated to Ernst Röhm but the details don't compute.

That Bann eagle design was used on the standardised HJ Bann-level flag but these were not introduced until 1935 at which time Röhm was long dead and disgraced in the eyes of the NSDAP.

The scroll says "Berlin" but the design is mimicking a Bann flag where of course the scroll would contain the Bann number.

"Bann-1". Bann 1 was Königsberg after the July 1933 reorganisation. Prior to that, the number one had been in use in Niedersachsen as an Unterbann number (many Unterbanne were upgraded to Bann around this time) until May 1933 when it was replaced by 92. Basically, Bann 1 has nothing to do with Berlin. The lowest Bann number there was 6.

"HJ-VIII" "Bann-1": Strange to see things hyphenated like this but if we forget the "HJ-" part, HJ Gefolgschaften were numbered that way after a 1932 reorganisation completed in April 1932 but the word Bann had not yet come into use so "HJ-VIII" and "Bann-1" together on a Wimpel makes no sense. If we assume that "HJ-VIII" means Unterbann VIII then that too is a big, big stretch because only the very largest Gebiete like Westfalen would have approached numbers that high. It's possible though that these numbers could be designating an Unterbann but then again, why is Röhm's name on the pennant at this stage?

I suppose the point could be made that this was stitched by a kid who wasn't fully up on current affairs and who didn't know how to correctly designate units but I can't see it. This is not a pennant I would go for.

Yes, this Wimpel is not good. All thhose made up things and of course using Ernst Röhm. There were of course homosexuals in the HJ and many were thrown out for this so to celebrate Röhm on a Wimpel? No way!

The eagle itself is wrong for the HJ , The left claw should have a hammer not lightning bolts .

The eagle with the lightning bolts is the state eagle pattern,
as in use in fact since Oktober 1933.
This eagle had two lightning bolts instead of three. The ribbon
above the eagle's head included the text "Gott mit uns".
The Weimar-eagle was in use a few years and in 1936 definitely
replaced by the well-known state-eagle.

Good old Weemedals. Now, if there was an RZM-marked Frontbann badge pinned onto that, I might consider taking it. But no badge, along with the other "technicalities", I`ll have to pass.

The eagle itself is wrong for the HJ , The left claw should have a hammer not lightning bolts .

Yes, I was hasty there but only because there was so much wrong with the pennant that it kinda didn't even matter :w00t:

Back