Verwarnung

Jack

Thanks Received
Here you can see a document from the wide-ranging category of disciplinary measures.
Actually, it was only meant to validate a leader, but then I thought I might as well show it to you.

This chap had left his Bann area without obtaining permission (leave certificate) and was given a warning for this. This also went into his personnel file (Stammrolle).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Possibly they wanted to get the youngsters used to the behavior of a soldier back then. A warning for a ridiculous "misdemeanor" would have been enough, no, it is even entered in the personnel file. As if the person involved had been a deserter and that's exactly what they wanted to achieve: The HJ should learn that you could only leave your own troops if you had permission. Just like later at the front.

I couldn't agree more. They should be little party soldiers, with a clear emphasis on soldiers.
Bann numbers like the regiments, leave pass a week before (it's also in the DJ regulations), field exercises, shooting, camouflage etc.

Many found it exciting, today one would say cool, to be accepted as adults and enthusiastically joined in. Of course, this diminished the more compulsion got the upper hand. Nevertheless, one fought for one's country, and that was not questioned.

Back