Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Blane View Post
    Greetings,
    I also have questions about our old friend Otto. After years of believing that Otto indicates a fake, I now understand that he is legitimate. What light can you shed on this confusing situation?
    Hi & welcome. There is no confusing situation at all really. Until a year or so ago all that you would read on forums is: Otto Hoffmann is a fantasy name = Fake.
    This is not quite true though, and it is now a known fact that there was a C L O T H manufacturer by this name.
    Thats all though, to date still no connection at all, between this maker and metal badges of any kind.

Please login to view user info
    Thanks for the welcome and the information.

Please login to view user info
    Only for comparation: Here is my Otto Hoffman badge, it was purchased in London by a friend in late 70s. Some years ago he gave it to me without know if it was good or a reproduction.

Hitler Jugend Pin Enameled Version - 03a (Reproduction - Otto Hoffmann).jpg

Hitler Jugend Pin Enameled Version - 03b (Reproduction - Otto Hoffmann).jpg

Detlev Niemann .. AKA Carsten Baldes, keeping the trade in fake HJ badges alive !

baldesfakeotto.JPG

Jamie Cross .. AKA Cross Jamie .. keeping the trade in fake HJ badges alive. link
    xhoff.jpg

I haven't gone through the thread checking prices but this Hoffmann must be close to a record:

HJ Abzeichen Auslandsorganisation Luxemburg Y129 Auction No.: 0006477916 (Mil321 Seller: Nordwind). As usual, fantastic detail in those far off, blurry pics... 385 Euros!!

5267083.jpg 5267084.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456