Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    I too have similar sign HJ silver with degree S, now will make photos and I will expose. Unfortunately, all my attempts to receive particulars concerning degree S while success have not crowned. I completely support your initiative on creation of a separate theme on this question.
    Yours faithfully, Ilya

xxxx1.jpgxxxx2.jpg

I have nothing on this odd S either. Worth bumping this every now and again I think in the hope that something will turn up.

the badges with this stamp all appear okay and like the SA DAGGERS
    could be a district stamp

I'm still looking around but so far nothing on the 'S'.
    All we have so far are 3 of these badges (there must be more), all 3 have numbers in the 180000 range and 2 are from the same maker M1/35.
    Can anyone see what the maker is on patrick1974 badge? It would be nice to know that they are all the same.

Thank you for taking interest in this ... I'm off to do some more snooping.

Rudy

Hello all,

Have not been around much. Just wondering if we have found any more "S" marks?

As I surf the different sites I'm always on the look out but so far ... I got 'nothin

I guess this is more of a :bump: so it doesn't get totally forgotten.

Be good
    Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I have nothing on this odd S either. Worth bumping this every now and again I think in the hope that something will turn up.
    Bump
    Well, what makes it worse, is that there are "S" marked badges from different makers. This means, that there would have to be a reason, and a request, or an Order. Therefore there would be a trail leading back to this, as there is with other "B-stücke" .. directives for using the B, or number, or letter, or leaving the number out altogether (ie: the HJ Ehrenzeichen) meaning we would know by now what it should mean.

What makes it worser, is that they are all in the same number span, (both makers marks) late 180,000 to mid 200,00

What makes is even worsest, is that there are examples from both makers known during that number span, and way beyond, that do not show a "S"

Almost the worstness of them all, are the number configurations, which are all really similar. (If we were talking about the GPB now, that alone would be a reason to raise eyebrows, so why not with a lesser award like these? especially after reading the following post.) and of course, the double numbers again. (call me superstitious)

You can rule out the "S" meaning Silber or Schwarz straight away, actually, i am surprised that this should even be a point at all? The number spans that these "S" marked badges are found in, denote at least 1941-42. Meaning that after many companies had been making all grades for at least 6-7 years, they suddenly found a need to pre-stamp the badges with the final color letter ?

"S" = Schadensersatz ? i read this on another post somewhere? how could anyone possibly think the "S" could mean this? Why would any replacement badge need to be separately marked on the reverse if the original got damaged? If the first one was lost, got melted, stolen or Damaged, then a B-Stück would have been bought, end of story. Maybe towards the end, Unnumbered badges were available, like the Gold HJ badge with no Number, just a B. And besides, there is no other award or badge from WW1 until today that has a special Letter stamped on the back to denote that the original was damaged and this one is it`s replacement.

The only logical explanation, is that they were marked this way, in order to be able to identify them later on.to...Seperate the good from the bad.

My take is that these "S" marked badges are all post war, all reproduction, and all made by a Big sweaty Polish bloke called Sergenikovski.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett
    My take is that these "S" marked badges are all post war, all reproduction, and all made by a Big sweaty Polish bloke called Sergenikovski.

THAT is a big stick in the mud but for a badge to be marked B to distinguish a fake is outrageous to me. There are several insignia out there B marked and I have not seen an obvious fake so far to you have any we can see?

Paul, marked "S" not B. The S marks are Post war IMO. The B mark for replacement badge can be found on many different badges not just these. B is not the topic here, S is.

WOOPS SORRY SAVE THAT FOR ANOTHER DAY. ref THE Polish PERSON YOU REFER TO DOES HE SPECIALIZE IN REPRODUCING TINNIES AND HAVE A SALES SITE ON THE WEB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast