Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Article on the HJ Honour Badge. Makers, Variations and Fakes

ehrz.jpg

Here's an exclusive for the forum An article on the HJ Honour badge. Badge analysis and photos from Wim and the regulations, history and proofreading by me. It will appear in other venues too but it's exclusive for now :)

I hope that you find it useful.

Click HERE to get the file.

Please login to view user info
    Thanks Garry and Wim !
    Is very interesting.
    bertrand

i was emailed this a few days ago!

good work ;)

Nicely done! Very organized with helpful reference/comparison photos.

Great reference information when I am ready to add this one to the collection.

Thanks Garry and Wim!

Quote Originally Posted by Como View Post
    Nicely done! Very organized with helpful reference/comparison photos.

Great reference information when I am ready to add this one to the collection.

Thanks Garry and Wim!

Well, that was the primary goal; help collectors who want to buy such an award but are not certain because of all the variations.

Good stuff

Much appreciated work guys !

Now I want to start collecting HJ honour Badges

Garry and Wim
    You guys have to re-write..... it seems.....
    LINK
    It was listed at the War Relics forum for ages, so you cant blame the dealer
    edit: just remembered, John Brandon is a member here https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/members/john-brandon/

Hitler Youth Golden Badge of Honour . A good early example with the impressed number ’3333′. with the manufacturers code F.B.H. Where the F&B are inside the stylized “H”. This manufacturer has not yet been identified, but the badge displays the correct 1st pattern fixing pin and catch that would have been RZM controlled.
    Obverse with full enamel in excellent condition, see photos, with translucent red allowing the multi-dimpled metal to show through. Showing light use overall.All in all an excellent badge with an unusual number!!!
    3333.jpg
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 9th June 2015 at 09:38 AM.

You got an eagle eye Jo! I sometimes wonder how many hours you daily spent on the world wide web?

I have also not received many reactions about the new situation of the M1/70. I wonder what will happen as the next M1/70 will be posted on the WAF...

I'm happy that I received some nice comments from collectors who are authors from books. But when I offered the article for free on a few forums, I was a bit disappointed by the low response. It seems that not many collectors are interested in the HJ Ehrenzeichen. Besides HJ Research here, it only went to 37 other collectors. And that for a free article???

Regards, Wim
    Last edited by Wim Vangossum; 9th June 2015 at 06:49 PM.

Wim, it only gets worse really :-)
    I wrote an article for a mag. a few years back, in 2011 i think, about the fake paper SA badges. A few months after the article came out, one was listed as genuine by a dealer who uses that collectors mag to place his full page adverts in :-)

Those who are really interested, will appreciate what you do, the rest, well they are not important at all. It took me a while to finally accept that, but thats the way it is. look at Coleman and his Maurice crap? 350.000 dollars of crap. But it`s all up for sale now, regardless what he has been told the past 5 years about it.
    You just have to accept that many in this hobby are not interested in reading or learning, and already know it all. So, you have to do, what you do - writing etc.. - not for them, but for those who care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast