Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    The more we look..... the more we find...
    Marine HJ honour??

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    Marine
    Well the sky is also blue, so could also be HJ-Rocket pilots, HJ-paragliding-and-sightseeing-Battalion SS ? HJ-SS-Divers-Depth-charge-disposal squad ? The possibilities are endless really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    its no problem to take the time for nice engraving work...
    just look at the fake Chr. Lauer GPB ? great engraving on that, sadly though they buggered on the date
    Thats actually a hebamme badge wreath with a normal party badge stuck on, hence the two rivet holes on the reverse and the double border around the party badge... it`s very bad actually, with a bad date on it, but very good engraving.

I posted this last year on another thread but here is the reverse of an indisputably real badge. Presented to Agnes Miegel in 1939 and pictured in Patzwall's 2004 article in Militaria. Needed a break from looking at these horrible fakes :)

awarded numbers???

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I posted this last year on another thread but here is the reverse of an indisputably real badge. Presented to Agnes Miegel in 1939 and pictured in Patzwall's 2004 article in Militaria. Needed a break from looking at these horrible fakes :)
    No "awarded" number etched into that one, and on any Solid gold ones either. No "awarded" number on the known Urkunden, only "Awarded" numbers engraved on the fakes, and wrongly used by the likes of Nimmergut and Ailsby to reach the conclusion that so many badges were produced..etc....

good point, I have always thought that only a fistful of these where actually ever awarded

Please login to view user info
    Gute Arbeit Jungs! Ich stand diesem (von Warlord gezeigten) Abzeichen schon immer skeptisch gegenüber. Jetzt weiss ich, dass mein Bauchgefühl richtig war

I will always believe proper research first before i believe a hocus-pocus mix of fantasy and fake with a few originals thrown into a book and authenticated with nothing but opinion. Until any evidence to the contrary comes to light i`ll go with the Hüsken-Patzwall facts so far that point to a small, kiddie-size handfull awarded, without individual numbers, and only in solid gold. As far as replacement badges, or badges for "in-wear" goes, Hocus-Pocus, if you lost your gold version, you d have another gold one made for you by a jeweler. You only have to look at the Golden NSDAP ehrenzeichen, a much lower award, replacements were given all the time, third and forth sets are known to the same person, all the same, not in zinc or different somehow.... History and common sense should be enough here.

This badge just popped up on WAF. Don gave the dealer the link to this thread but you can tell from his comments that the guy clearly didn't take the time to read it in any depth. The thumbs are going up over there and no one is asking questions.

LOL, let them, if they cant read, they deserve nothing else. I hope it sells there as well for at least €4999.- plus Tax !
    WARLORD already had his fun on WAF about them using a guy called Stan to help him Authenticate these silver gold-washed numbered badges.. I don't mind discussing anything, what i`m not about to do is forum-leap and play the keeper of lost souls, especially not on WAF, some of the users on there need to get burned, they need that like a daily drug. So it`s definitely found it`s way onto the right forum where the opinions of a select few reign supreme over common sense. The "shutter-island" paradise of knowledge right there......
    edit: Just had a look at who posted it on WAF. No wonder, and you are right, he did not read this thread at all, quote:
    the catch and the etching looks period to me,
    LOL, what about the fake GPB on this thread with more than realistic etching? lol, and when you go onto the new owners site, you find the simplest of Fantasy badges, which are even debunked all over WAF as being bad, on his site for sale.
    You will note that two of the people who have commented that they "like it" are supposed to be GPB experts...... i am glad they booted me off that forum, that way i cant be tempted to post a few home-truths.... It`s Shutter-Island all over again, that's for sure.
    Last edited by stuart; 26th September 2011 at 09:20 PM.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast