Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I quite frankly do not like the engraving on this knife, it is to deep and dark compared to the overal blade condition.

PAUL

Please login to view user info
    have never seen one of these in hand so hard to judge but fro the pics i dont like the look of the grips they seem softer than a standard HJ grip, also if this is genuine how many wold have been made as they are very seldom seen

Grips are sometimes seen worn down in this fashion - maybe they are all from one particular maker. The blade appears to have seen no major use, as it is un-sharpened. I think it has just suffered from poor storage rather than anything else. I'm still hopeful on this one beacuse of the mark, and I should have some info next week after the MAX show.

Regards

Russ

The stamping on the ricasso is the bottum two thirds of a DLV insignia, not the spread winged Icarus of the NSFK. I cannot imagine why there would be a DLV stamping on a Slovakian HJ knife .. Makes no sense ..

Wahrscheinlich nicht gut ..

All the best ..

Mike W.

Below left is a DLV insignia and the one on the right is a NSFK insignia ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fluglehrer; 5th October 2009 at 09:18 PM.

Mike, although there are some similarities to the DLV insignia, the marking on the knife is not DLV in my opinion. They are quite different marks and it does not make sense to reproduce a partial DLV insignia on a knife such as this.

I have received pics of a Slovakian HJ knife from another collector. I am hoping to obtain permission to show it here, however it has the exact same marking as this one, and also has zinc rivets, as shown on the example in this thread. The blade motto appears deep and dark also. I have no doubt that the example shown in the pics sent to me is an original item, and it compares well with this one, although it is in a much better condition.

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

You are right, I was a bit hasty with my observation. The stamping is close to a DLV , but is missing the swastika also ..

Hopefully, you will get permission to post the images for a comparison.

These are rare knives.

All the best ..

Mike

No problem Mike - yes, I believe these are quite rare knives, especially when they are in a remarkable condition such as the one below. Many thanks indeed to Vintagetime for allowing me to show these pics of his superb knife. Note the similarities to the one shown at the start of this thread. I'm hoping to get more info on the mark, so will keep you posted if anything surfaces.

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    No problem Mike - yes, I believe these are quite rare knives, especially when they are in a remarkable condition such as the one below. Many thanks indeed to Vintagetime for allowing me to show these pics of his superb knife. Note the similarities to the one shown at the start of this thread. I'm hoping to get more info on the mark, so will keep you posted if anything surfaces.

Regards

Russ
    Russ, here's a close up of the Emblem. I bought this years ago from Tom Johnson.

Best, John

Hi John, many thanks for adding the extra pic of your wonderful example! And welcome to the HJ forum!

Regards

Russ

i myself have no problems with the dagger posted by thor62, and the finishing touch is the strange'' makers mark'', off course id really like it in my hands for a full check out, but i hope its a winner.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast