Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Help with 1944 Gausieger

Hello again all,
    I was wondering if I can get some help regarding this badge. Is this 1944 Gausieger badge a good one or not? I have attached a few pictures. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Duzig(Bill)

Attached Images Attached Images

It looks absolutely fine to me but let Stu cast his expert eye over it

Nick

I'm sorry to say that I have to disagree with Nick, the piece is a bad one....

Sorry
    Don

Hi Duzig,

I agree with Don. I am not an expert, but I have been searching for good examples in this section.

You can compare the badges in the 2 links below with the one that you posted, and there are many significant differences in the quality of the badges, compared with the one that you posted. For example, the eagle, please check how in the original one, the quality is better. Also, check the frames.

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f56...er-badge-2102/

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f56/1944-gau-4565/

Regards

Antonio

These buggers catch me out everytime, good job I dont collect them

Nick

Hello,
    A thank you to all of you for your help with this badge. Wow,I too am glad I don't these badges. In any case this badge is not mine, I saw this badge on a auction site and the price was real low, so I had my doubts about it to begin with but figured if real it would be a good deal. Glad I inquired first. Again a thanks to all of you for your help. It is appreciated.
    Duzig(Bill)

as mr scowen, who is a great authority on these badges has already said its a bad one im afraid

Yep. I had one of these a few years back and I remember trying to convince myself that the little notch on the bird's right shoulder was the missing feather - the difference between good and bad - but I was just deluding myself. I got my money back but the dealer simply put it straight back into his catalogue.... As I remember it was Don who gave me the pointers I needed so thanks again Don

Hello again,
    I just want to thank all who have answered my query.
    thanks again
    Duzig(Bill)