Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RZM Labels - Fake vs. Genuine

Hit on a though outside. A thread i was helping with on waf, about fake festival badges. Well after taking micro images of all sorts of printed badges, matter, paper and the you-know-what from around the time of Adolf, and comparing them to micro images of one of the suspect badges in question, which i also had - it was "discovered" that the suspect badges in question were not printed in the same fashion as TR period matter was. They were not transfer printed, screen printed or done with printing plates, but rather "plotted."

** Oops! You must be a Full Member (Gold) to view this part of the post**

Interesting. Just to be sure Jo, all of the pictures you show are from modern items trying to be old? I only ask because of the way that paragraph before the pictures reads.

No, all images except the last SA-NSDAP badge, are close-ups of period printed badges/paper/etc..

When i looked at the badge, that was "supposed" to be a genuine item, i noticed straight away that the image was achieved by plotting, spraying the colors, like ink-jets do, you know, a tintenstrahldrucker.
    So that is really all that needed to be said about this "supposed" genuine badge. If you want to believe that it is period, then you need to prove that period TR items were indeed printed in this manner.
    I do have a slight feeling that this is going to be a hard task indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    No, all images except the last SA-NSDAP badge, are close-ups of period printed badges/paper/etc..
    Got ya Jo. Yes, sounds like this would definitely be an interesting avenue to explore.

Please login to view user info

That was a great read. I absolutely love it when a thread develops like that. Certain people became very quiet very quickly as soon as the serious discussion started. Evidence - you can't beat it.

LOL, yes, and i like it when opinions change.. because normally, well maybe not normally but many times you will not see someone "known" come back to a thread that changes, when they initially said GOOD / BAD.
    And more often than not, if a few "known" people comment in a certain way, it can have an influence on a thread, in some cases all that is needed is for a "known" person to wave his hat and say something, and that sways the others.
    Mia Culpa for hijacking that thread, but i guess i just wanted to try and make a point.

I do understand somewhat the "authentication by way of comparison of other Internet images", as well as endless debates on what people "think" they are seeing, or think they should see - but it is just not the way to do things. Debates are great, and long, sometimes boring discussions should even be encouraged, BUT, they really need to have a SOLID FOUNDATION. Only when the foundation is rock solid, and factual, can any discussion prove fruitful. So now we have the foundation. " pieces of paper stuck together, printed by a color plotter.

Indeed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast