• Hello Guest and welcome to HJ-Research

    The forum is free to join, browse and discuss
     ·  Green Subscription (€10/6mo) unlocks full-size attachments  ·  Blue Group Subscription (€35/12mo) unlocks much more

    See Membership for details.

No District Triangles worn before 1933

Chlodwig

.
.
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
371
Thanks Received
227
Thanks Given
520
Location
Germany
I came across this interesting photo in a film showing a Hitler Youth rally on October 1, 1932 -that is, prior to the National Socialists' seizure of power. He is wearing the Potsdam Badge and, naturally, not yet the Gebietsdreieck (district triangle). Although the typical HJ cap was already in use at the time, this HJ leader is wearing a beret - something we might not have thought possible had it not been documented in photos or film. The Gebietsdreieck -an item so many of us love to collect -was yet to see its heyday. Does anybody have pictures of HJ leaders wearing the beret?

You don't have permission to view attachments.
 

Attachments

    You don't have permission to view attachments.
HJ leader?
I see a DJ membership pin on the breast pocket above the Potsdam badge and a DJ sleeve rune on the left upper arm, so maybe he is instead a DJ manager?
 
nice photo of a DJ Leader and it is documented
Many thanks for your advice. I love the "early" DJ and HJ photos. It appears that this DJ leader is not wearing a standard belt buckle either; at a later date, an open uniform would have resulted in a reprimand from superiors or higher-ranking individuals.:nono:
 
Hi Chlodwig,
he's wearing a leader's jacket.
(very niice photo !!)
Yes Bertl, I agree, that this DJ-leader is wearing a leader´s jacket. The cut of the jacket is good recognizable. It is difficult to publishe here something new because those member who stay on our forum for long time have discovered and explained a lot already years ago. Thanks for your kind advice.
 
Great photo. I had never seen it. This is 1932 so it goes along with what I was saying about only leaders being allowed to wear the sleeve rune. That seems to be the case if we go with this advertisement from 1932. The only rune mentioned is one for leaders. Further pictures from Potsdam will show whether that was actually true of course.

You don't have permission to view attachments.
 

Attachments

    You don't have permission to view attachments.
The topic is very interesting , thank you Chlodwig and Garry
I am particularly fond of subjects dating from before 1933 and the standardization of uniforms; that is actually how I started collecting, though unfortunately a bit haphazardly! Things are different today, thanks to our magnificent and highly informative forum.
Nevertheless, documents and photographs remain rare.
 
Great photo. I had never seen it. This is 1932 so it goes along with what I was saying about only leaders being allowed to wear the sleeve rune. That seems to be the case if we go with this advertisement from 1932. The only rune mentioned is one for leaders. Further pictures from Potsdam will show whether that was actually true of course.

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Thanks a lot, Gary! I believe that if we had the opportunity today to travel back to 1931 or 1932, certain aspects of the appearance of the HJ/DJ would strike us as odd, or at least unusual. It was not without reason that the RZM was established.
 
The topic is very interesting , thank you Chlodwig and Garry
I am particularly fond of subjects dating from before 1933 and the standardization of uniforms; that is actually how I started collecting, though unfortunately a bit haphazardly! Things are different today, thanks to our magnificent and highly informative forum.
Nevertheless, documents and photographs remain rare.
Interesting photos from that era are rare. Usually, there are only the standard photos we’re familiar with - ones that don't show anything out of the ordinary. Yet, the period before 1933 is particularly interesting. Back then, the HJ/DJ was still small, so unfortunately, there are far too few photos from that time.
 
A note to Garry regarding post #8:

In Angolia’s HJ book, Volume 1, page 74, there is a photo of an early DJ member wearing a Siegrune; Angolia dates it to before 1933 due to the absence of the sleeve triangle. The sleeve rune is clearly an early type and is atypically sized.

You don't have permission to view attachments.


Is the boy pictured a leader? He doesn't look that old, so I have my doubts.
What do you think, Garry—or anyone else?

Michael :denmark
 

Attachments

    You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back
Top