1934 Kreissieger Badge

tsc

Thanks Received
Hello,

New to this Forum. For the Kreissieger Badge are the only years produced 1938, 1939? Came across one that was dated 1934, which I think is no good.

Thanks,
Tony

From my understanding, although the competition started in 1934, the first badges were awarded 1936 and were in the shape of a toothed wheel (the emblem of the DAF) superimposed with an enamelled Hitler Youth diamond emblem. The first Kreissieger Badge featuring an eagle on white enamel holding the HJ diamond emblem on top of the DAF cogwheel and surrounded by a wreath, was produced for 1938. 1934 badge? No good.
I will let someone else with better knowledge correct me if I am wrong and provide sources.

Thanks for the feedback. From what I'm gathering, a 1934 Kreissieger is no good.

Unfortunately I can't view the thread, guess I don't the right privileges.

How do you get those???

How you get those privileges is detailed in here.

The future of the forum
".... if they consistently demonstrate a willingness to further the aim of the forum by posting and answering the posts of others. Deciding who will make the jump to the new usergroup will be down to me in concert with nominations from those in the new user group."

To me it seems to be a bit circular, as to be a part of the group you must be able to post with knowledge and experience, but to gain knowledge and experience you must be part of the group.

I used to be a Gold member and this site used to be my goto site for research and knowledge. It was for me the gold standard for anything HJ related. But then I had to take an extended break from the site and when I returned and got a new username I no longer had access to the info and resources I used to have. I now find it difficult to regain that knowledge except by looking outside this website and, as I have no real clue what I could be doing to gain access to this special group, I am afraid I feel I am on a slippery slope of using this site less and less as I find other sources of information.

[/COLOR]

How you get those privileges is detailed in here.

The future of the forum
".... if they consistently demonstrate a willingness to further the aim of the forum by posting and answering the posts of others. Deciding who will make the jump to the new usergroup will be down to me in concert with nominations from those in the new user group."

To me it seems to be a bit circular, as to be a part of the group you must be able to post with knowledge and experience, but to gain knowledge and experience you must be part of the group.

I used to be a Gold member and this site used to be my goto site for research and knowledge. It was for me the gold standard for anything HJ related. But then I had to take an extended break from the site and when I returned and got a new username I no longer had access to the info and resources I used to have. I now find it difficult to regain that knowledge except by looking outside this website and, as I have no real clue what I could be doing to gain access to this special group, I am afraid I feel I am on a slippery slope of using this site less and less as I find other sources of information.

[/COLOR]

I have been a gold member in the past too but the downside of those accounts was that the majority of those who had one never wrote anything or at best very little. As you say about yourself, you essentially used the site to get information but if everyone did just that and never posted then the forum would soon grind to a halt. I am happy to be in the blue group but if you compare my post count/activity level to yours I'm sure you'll agree that it wasn't an accident. If you don't know something just post a thread. That pushes your post count up and more importantly you regain a piece of the knowledge to which you say you no longer have access.

Thanks for the feedback. From what I'm gathering, a 1934 Kreissieger is no good.

Unfortunately I can't view the thread, guess I don't the right privileges.

How do you get those???

The link in post 3 above is for the fakes area. However, it isn't the only place where that information can be found. Just type 1934 Kreissieger into the search bar and you'll see results available to all members showing that a 1934 Kreissieger never existed. Here's one of those results: Kreissieger, Gausieger badges 1934 - 1937

tsc. Here is a bit of info for you. The book "The Hitler Youth" by David LittleJohn has an illustration of the 1937 Kreissieger badge with a picture of one being worn. . He also states that they were only awarded in 1937 (contrary to my post which states they started in 1936).
I have attached a picture of that illustration.

(I tried search on this website and it did not seem to bring up any useful results on this particular topic, and suggested links were blocked for blue members only.)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Thanks again guys for the information and support and also about how this site works. HJ is one of my collecting interests, among many :001_smile: I'll try and post/reply as much as I can.

TopoftheHill - Appreciate the photo. Have both HJ books by Angolia and the FJ Stephens paperback book. Still searching for the Little John book at a reasonable price.

tsc. Here is a bit of info for you. The book "The Hitler Youth" by David LittleJohn has an illustration of the 1937 Kreissieger badge with a picture of one being worn. . He also states that they were only awarded in 1937 (contrary to my post which states they started in 1936).
I have attached a picture of that illustration.

(I tried search on this website and it did not seem to bring up any useful results on this particular topic, and suggested links were blocked for blue members only.)

Littlejohn got it wrong as did a lot of authors on various matters regarding HJ equipment, insignia etc over the years. That's one of the huge strengths of this forum where we have many people with vast experience who also own masses of primary literature. Anyway, the photo is actually of a girl wearing a type 1 (pre-1938) Reichssieger badge and was copied from a 1938 book on the RBWK written by Artur Axmann in a section dealing with past winners at the Reich level. The Kreissieger badges were first introduced in 1938 and issued only in that year and in 1939. As you'll see when you look at an original 1936/37 Reichssieger badge (here is an example of the 1937 badge) there is writing around the edge.. Littlejohn couldn't see that on the photo and hence incorrectly delivered a drawing without it.

The link I posted above is visible to all members and is indeed useful as it clearly shows that there were no Kreissieger badges prior to 1938.

Yes. Goodbye

I don't know what that means but all I was getting at was that you chose to ignore the correct advice that was given and instead pushed on with your factually incorrect narrative that Kreissieger badges were awarded in 1936 and 1937. We are lucky these days to have access to more information than the guys who wrote these collector books often had and I think that this fact should be embraced rather than ignored simply because someone chucks his teddy in the corner.

Back