1938 Gausieger badge

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good morning all,

I try my hardest only to buy DJ items, however I seen this Gausieger award at a decent price and decided to buy it.
Now I have this beautiful award in my hand I can see why other collectors like "Wim" luv to collect these awards.
I know I will have to sell or swap for the next DJ item I find and cannot afford. But at least I can say I owned one.

Best regards.....Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Great Gausieger and I can understand that. For me, this badge is one of the most beautiful Hitler Youth awards. The design just fits everything together well and they are a nice size.
I've owned the Kreissieger and the Gausieger twice myself, but I've also sold it again and again because of a triangle or a pair of shoulder boards. If the price was ok, then yes. I also have a passion for the stuff from that time.

Yes, we both agree , these badges are one of the most beautiful HJ awards issued. I was surprised how heavy the badge is, but very well made. I see plenty of Kreissieger awards but a lot are damaged especially the HJ diamond. Many fakes about but now easily spotted with Wims excellent guide to the awards.
DJ items are now what I am trying to concentrate on, especially early items. Picked up a nice 35mm variation DJ buckle and belt recently, I find the 35mm belts are harder to find than the buckles.

Best regards...Ewan

Good morning Wim,

Thank you for your kind comment on my Gausieger. Since owning this badge I can now see why you collect these beautiful badges.

Best regards...Ewan

Hi Ewan,

The longer I collect, the more I become interested in nicely made medals and/or with a beautiful design. I turned my back a bit to all those dull grey zinc combat awards the last couple of years. Too many fakes, too expenisve and often poorly made from low quality materials... You pay twice the price of a minty Gausieger to own an SS visor cap skull. Then you can say that you have reall SS-stuff in the collection but in fact you end up with a tiny insignia that in one fabrication step is punched from a thin sheet of metal. I prefer the multi -layered award made from tombak and colored in nice enamel work.

Regards, Wim

Hi Wim,

Many years ago I also collected combat awards, but eventually on some items I could not work out which was TR period and which was fake. So I sold my collection
As too, collecting SS items absolutely madness, stupid prices and more fakes on the market than original items. It always amazes me how every month dealers find these veteran bring backs and the old one found in the attic / house clearance items, most of these items are of course fake fake fake, but the collectors keep buying these items and getting ripped off big time.

I really enjoy collecting HJ/DJ items, but more recently just try to collect DJ items. But as we all know now HJ/DJ is getting expensive as well. I hope you continue to enjoy collecting, and I look forward to seeing the photos of your next items in your collection.

Best regards...Ewan

Back