1944 HJ lager camp in Bad Bergzabern, Rhineland.

Thanks Received
Great photos shows what a lager camp was like when the war was coming to an end and supplies were low. Lots of nice things to note but for me it’s the little stone mosaics for the HX symbol and an eagle at the base of the flag.
Enjoy
Josh

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

More

Attachments

These were taken at a WEL (Wehrertüchtigungslager) pre-military training camp. With the location given as Bergzabern it must be WEL I Dörrenbach (Gebiet 25 Westmark). Prior to Feb 1944 this WEL held normal courses plus courses for Flieger-HJ boys aiming to qualify for the Bordfunker badge but from Feb 1944 pre-military courses held there were exclusively for boys who were considered good material for the SS and HJ-Streifendienst.

These were taken at a WEL (Wehrertüchtigungslager) pre-military training camp. With the location given as Bergzabern it must be WEL I Dörrenbach (Gebiet 25 Westmark). Prior to Feb 1944 this WEL held normal courses plus courses for Flieger-HJ boys aiming to qualify for the Bordfunker badge but from Feb 1944 pre-military courses held there were exclusively for boys who were considered good material for the SS and HJ-Streifendienst.
Incredible ! Thank you for this wonderful insight Garry :) What month would you place on it if you were to guess?

Oh I wouldn't know but you can see some short shadows in the photos so I would think June/July perhaps?

Back