Alsace - photographs

Thanks Received
First post here.

The lack of photographic documentation on the HJ in Alsace (or rather the accessibility to it) has always struck me as odd. I would assume that they would be photographed at about the same frequency as groups in Germany proper.

There is recently an exhibition at the Memorial Alsace-Moselle regarding youth during the occupation, so I know that these photos must exist somewhere. However, online, generally one will only find the same dozen or so photos.

I suppose I could always go to the archives in person. But it’s hard to imagine that a transatlantic flight is necessary just to view some photos. Reminds me of HJ Quex and how only VHS copies from the 80s that look like they’ve been deep fried are available online. I recently obtained a high resolution scan after quite some difficulty and am hoping that there can be a similar outcome with regards to these photos.

Over and out

Hi there. Photographs in archived newspapers are easier to find but of course the quality is usually rubbish. We do have at least two members from Alsace on the forum though who may well have high-quality photos in their collections. You can find them by searching for either Elsass or Alsace.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back