AUFBRUCH der JUGEND Tinnie

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

This nice tinnie arrived yesterday with 2 others. It is maker marked on the reverse side and difficult to read. I’ll attempt to interpret what it says. “KERBACH DRESDAN-A”. There is also much smaller writing that I can’t make out.
I’ve magnified and changed light sources but still can’t be sure of what I’m seeing.
Within the blade of the HJ knife it says “blut Und Ehre and another letter or number following the in Ehre. Sorry not trying to confuse. Look at the pics and judge for yourselves. Any information on this will as always be greatly appreciated.
Joe

Attachments

Michael is absolutely right.
Georg Kerbach and Arthur Israel had their enamelling factory in the courtyard of Reitbahnstraße 21 in Dresden (see picture 1). The post office responsible for this street was called A (for Altstadt) 1 (see photo 2). And that's what it says on your tinnie. Dresden-A1. So at that time, if you wanted to order something from them, all you had to do was look at the tinnie. Kerbach & Israel, Dresden-A1 was all you needed, and the mail actually reached the recipients, because the responsible post office naturally knew the larger companies in their area.

The sign after Blut und Ehre! is just the exclamation mark that goes with it.

Attachments

Back