Bann 119 Stuttgart Project

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good afternoon all,

I have recently purchased a DJ Stuttgart fanfare and trumpet. I am looking to start a project on Bann 119 Stuttgart. I have looked on the internet in reference to Sud Wurttemberg,Gebiet 20 and Bann 119 Stuttgart and there is not much information or pictures listed.

Therefore I am hoping members of the HJ forum can help me out ?with any information and photographs of Bann 119, those in Command appointments and the members of the HJ,DJ,BDM,JM at work or play, locations of Heim's and Sommerlager's etc.

Garry, I have read the excellent breakdown of Bann 171 Mannhiem you posted. Do you maybe know where I can source the rank structure,Units and layout of Bann 119?

Last but not least I am looking to purchase items associated with Sud Wurttenberg,Gebiet 20 and of course Bann 119 Stuttgart. So far other than the banner I have purchased, I have a nice early Sud Wurttenberg arm triangle with RZM and a HJ and BDM tinnie. If anyone has any of the items I would like to purchase please contact me. Anyone who provides me with with copy's of photographs,leaflets,books etc ,they will be credited to them. I will post photographs of items I have managed to purchase as the project continue's

Last but not least once the project is complete, I will ask for Garry's permission to post this Bann 119 project on this forum, which I will hope will help other forum members in the future.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards.....Ewan :spain

Last edited:
very good idea EWAN, I am always interested in new initiatives and to learn. I will look on my side if I find something.

bertl

Thank you Bertl,

I am looking forward to seeing if you have any information or items that will help towards the project.

Best regards.....Ewan

Good stuff Ewan. Stuttgart is one of the Banne for which I don't have that much info unfortunately. I haven't come across any units (Gefolgschaft etc) yet and only have patchy coverage for the higher leaders over the years. As you say, little of any interest can be found online about this Bann and of course I don't have any Gebiet orders for Württemberg. Either side of that Gebiet yes but not 20 :cursing:

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your reply. Yes,your right there is hardly any information about Bann 119 Stuttgart, very strange. So I hope with the help of the forum members and all going well with the German Archives I can gain and learn about Bann 119.

Best regards.....Ewan

Here are my notes so far for 119 in my leader project:

Bann 119

1933:

1934:
Bann, Unterbannführer Paul Joachim Daiber.
Jungbann, Stammführer Herbert Remshardt.
BDM-Untergau, Untergauführerin Elfriede Brugger.
JM-Untergau, Bertl Bauer.

1935:

1936:

1937:

1938:

1939:
Jungbann, Oberjungstammführer Walter Schmucker.

1940:

1941:
Bann, Bannführer Mayer.

1942:
Bann, Bannführer Mayer.

1943:
Bann, Bannführer Gustav Distel? (Bundesarchiv has him as a Bannführer in 1943).

1944:
(SHAEF Bannführer Gustav Distel)

1945:

Still lots of spaces to fill here obviously but check here for future updates :thumb:

Last edited:
Garry,

Thank you for this information, it gets me off to a good start.

Best regards....Ewan

Many thanks Igor :thumb: Could you let me know what the source was for Hermann Mayer please so that I add it to my list entry?

Many thanks Igor :thumb: Could you let me know what the source was for Hermann Mayer please so that I add it to my list entry?

Don't mention it, Garry! :thumb:
I do not have the exact source for it, but - if my memory serves me well - it comes from a stack of contemporary newspapers.

Ah, excellent. There are some really good newspaper archives online but I have totally failed as yet to find a useful one for Württemberg. If you come across it again I would really appreciate it if you could send me the link so that I can add it to that list with a source.

Good morning all,

I have seen on a thread on the internet, a guy on a German site called "Military Fundforum" speaking about a flag given to a family member and he mentions 119 Stuttgart.
In reply another guy says it may be a Bann 119 Stuttgart flag?. The original post was by a guy calling himself Hellboy 81, post dated 14 Dec 2017.
He also posted photos of the flag, which I could not see as not member of the forum.

So tried to join the forum but every time I answered the question at the bottom during the registration process, it came back as wrong question, therefore I could not register on the site.
I tried numerous times with correct answers but every time it says incorrect answer ?????

Has anyone else had this problem while trying to register on this forum and if so how did you fix it ? also I cannot contact the guy running the site ?
If anyone else is on this forum can you please look up the link to the pictures of the 119 flag and post copies on this thread as this forum has no photos of a Bann 119 Stuttgart flag.
I hope you guys can help me out ? if so many thanks in advance.

Best regards....Ewan

Hi Ewan, I have been away from this forum and collecting for some time. However on seeing your post, it encouraged me to reply. We visit Stuttgart regularly as my wifes family were from this area post WW2.
I picked up a Sud Wurttemberg HJ shirt which I am happy to send you photos of or post on here, once my account has been re activated, allowing me to do so.
I too have been actively seeking all things Stuttgart 119, as well as 120 Ulm, but more importantly for me I am hunting for shoulder straps with 180 Asperg. Straps marked 490 for Brunn and 600 for Zwittau (father in law was from Ost Sudetenland pre and during the 2nd world war.). Hope to help you out with a photo or two of the uniform.
Kind regards John

...which I am happy to send you photos of or post on here, once my account has been re activated, allowing me to do so.

Hi John and welcome back to the forum. Just to let you know, all account types have the facility to post attachments at any time.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I hope to visit Stuttgart this year. Please post photos of your Sud Wurttenburg HJ shirt , is the insignia original to the shirt ? and does it have 119 shoulder boards fitted ? look forward to seeing your photographs. Do you have any other items relating to Stuttgart HJ/DJ ? i see your location is in Scotland, I still live in Dundee I will pm you once my account is up and running again.

Best regards.....Ewan

Hello EWAN,
i found this in my "archives" , a little box with photos from Stuttgart .
A short tour of the city and its surroundings..
I have only one tinnie from STuttgart and a little metal box for medical from Bann 20. I will make pics .
Bertl

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hello Bertl,

Thank you for your pre 1945 pictures of Stuttgart. However having been badly bombed in WW2 most of these beautiful places were left in ruins.
I am hoping to visit Stuttgart this year, and from what I see a lot of the buildings were rebuilt and almost the same.

Best regards...Ewan

yes it is right but there are still beautiful things to see

The only thing I found online is this allready sold tinnie.
I will keep my eyes open!

Attachments

Back