Bann shoulderboard with silver piping

Thanks Received
Hi

I have a couple of shoulderboards that have me a bit puzzled.
My basic issue it that they seem to have silver piping and numbering. My first assumption was that they were both Streifendienst, but the piping and numbering are not white. It probably does not show up well on the photographs, but they they defiantly have a glint. I also have a few Streifendienst to compare them to and they are not the same. Then next obvious guess with the silver piping is Gebeit boards, but that is obviously cannot be with them having Bann numbers.

Their construction seems to be a bit different to other shoulderboards as well. They have a thickness to them I have not seen in other HJ shoulderboards because they have thick u-shape metal (steel) stiffeners build in. In construction they are both black wool faced but the 338 board has wool back whilst the 561 board has a cotton (?) weave backing. They are both 'slip-on' with a cloth tab to rear.

Anyone put me in the right direction please.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Good reference to what self added silver piping can look like

Attachments

Thanks. You photo proves they exist and were worn. Just have to see if anyone can point out the when and why.

I do not think your 2 shoulderboards are SO strange.

328 could well be compared to what but see in Angola's book:

561 might have "lost" a few pips ??? try to look closely for holes where pips could have been sitting.

Here is a picture of a set of Stamführer that I have in my collection - then you can compare with your own. Mine also have steel stiffeners build in

I do not quite understand why you think that boards with silver piping can not have silver Bannnumbers. That's pretty normal.

I hope this has helped you further with your 2 boards, otherwise you just write again :good:

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Thank You, that does help a lot. Gives me a good springboard to start researching them.

The 561 lost pip? You are spot on. I took a much closer look and there is a hole and a vague imprint of a missing pip. Thank You.

It was great that you could use my information. However, I forgot to write which Bann is hiding behind the numbers.

Bann 338: Obergebiet: Süd - Gebiet: Hochland or Schwaben (depends on the year) - Bann: Augsburg

Bann 561: Obergebiet: Süd Ost - Gebiet: Kärnten - Bann: Klagenfurt

Good luck with your further research :good:

Michael :denmark

Back