BDM and Jungmädel Teufelsmütze

Thanks Received
I would like to politely ask to the experienced gentlemen in this forum. It is about headgear for girls, the girl's cap. It is a dark blue hat (cap), probably knitted like a devil's hat. Two white stripes at the top. I have one of the rare pictures where the hat (cap) is worn. There is a group of girls out and about and, as usual, everyone wears a hat like this when instructions are given - because of exactly the same look in the group. As a girl, I myself can guess, a disliked item of the uniform, but it was part of the summer uniform (bad weather) and the winter uniform.

Dear gentlemen and collectors - have you ever seen an original piece of the hat. I have never found an offer (regardless of the price). If the hats are all eaten by moths... there must be a hat to be found, even with heavy wear. Who has a piece like this and can at least show it here (?) an you help me. Thank you. Grateful regards, Marlies

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,
I have an original devils cap with RZM tag, send your e--mail and I will send you pictures,
Terry

Garry, thank you. I searched but not find anything... you show me there is already a good topic with a lot of information. My mistake, I didn't search enough and was careless. I am a young collector girl and have never really seen this uniform item. Now I'm happy (for today)

Now I could see the exact shape, the colors and how the stripes run, I am very happy. Maybe I can knit one for myself. For my BDM room I only work with original uniforms - but I'm still at the very beginning. I'm sure I'll get a devil's cap for my uniform mannequins, in the come years.

Garry, you helped me. I going to the open topic. It's not always the case that I'm respected by collectors as a young girl. I would like to show great gratitude and try to always be correct and polite. Thank you for your really kind support. Best regards Marlies

PS: Now I notice that I'm looking for the cap here with my bad English - I could have just typed in "Teufelsmütze" - although I didn't even know what the correct name for the cap was. Sorry for my ignorance.

Last edited:
No problem Marlies. We are all here to share and help each other. You have absolutely no need to apologise :) (y)

Werner, thank you. Really fine pieces... and 4 pcs. The color at the bottom left is very different, but it seems to me that it was machine knitted.

Are there otherwise many color differences (generally)? Yes, I read that it was self-knitted to specification. But I can recognize that's true if it was self-knitted.

Were there often ribbons on the devil's caps? Bottom right: It seems modified to me. By the way, all of Werners devil's cap have seams on the sides from possibly severed ribbons. What were the regulations for this?

Thx., for showing 4 pcs. in direct comparison. Many greetings and thanks for your support of my knowledge, Marlies

Hey,

They are all from the same source.. (old cloth container find) in Germany. Some of this hoard (more damaged, I got the best ones) are offered at ebay last years.

Thanks are all machine stitched.
The left below one is just discolored.
One of them has a washed out RZM etikett. One has owned initials, one has a name in it.

At KPemig.de there was a mint one for sale in the past, with RZM etiket. Photos are still online.

Last edited:
Thank you ... I found it at Emig-Auction and looked at it with envy (sold out... grrrr) - especially the Cap with the RZM label... my budget is immediately increased (in my head)... but girls - if I want it... well. .. let's see. I'm now really sticking with getting one in this high quality - is on my list.

Many thanks for your help.

Hello
an example but this one was on a HJ-sommer cap !

Attachments

Bertl, Thx. To HJ summer cap (Schiffchenmütze), I will have questions coming soon (I then look for an existing topic, to do it of this site correctly here, and not to ask my questions without first looking the search in this forum)... then it is about questions about other stamp prints in the cap... which are the regulations there was for front badges - I have seen front badges sewn fabric or Metal PIN... I will ask many more questions - but I dont want to be annoying in too many topics ;-) Grateful greetings, Marlies

Back