BDM Führerschule, London

Thanks Received
I have a document for a BDM Girl recalling her back to Germany from a course at a Führerschule in London, dated 1934. The document has been issued by the RJF and seems to be a travel document to be presented as some form of ticket. I'm curious because I have never heard of any such school in London. The only school I know of is The Victoria-Augusta Finishing School in Bexhill on Sea a nd I wonder if its possible that the Girl may have attended the school for some reason. Anyone with any info about any such Führerschules in England would be greatly appreciated.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
They way I read it, she has been removed ("abberufen") from a leadership course that was due to take place in Bayreuth due to her being in London.

Thanks Crack,

I noticed I added the wrong attachment, so now you can see the reverse of the document as well. In this you can see that the school is listed as The German Commercial School and is indicating a return from London to Bayreuth.

I read it this way: Abberufung is the opposite of the all-knowing Einberufung/enlistment, as Crack already said.
We have a standard form here, for enlistments for a course of instruction at a leadership school. There was no paper for dismissals at the, possibly premature, end of the course, otherwise they wouldn't have just written that over it.
In this case, I think they just used that Führerschule paper for the Commercial School in London as well, because there was no extra form for that. And that's why it says Führerschule on the back.
The girl needed the certificate to be able to prove in Bayreuth that she had not simply left London without permission. Maybe there was a family emergency or something like that, which we don't know.

Back