BDM jacket & Hat combo

Thanks Received
Hello everyone, I would like to get your opinion on a recent purchase of mine. I bought this combo together but i get the idea that the hat is not the correct type of hat to go with a BDM kletterjacke. Please let me know what you think of it. Thanks,Andreas.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

hello ANDREAS
I see you managed to make a post . It is a beautiful and good BDM jacket, this type of cap was worn very early, before 1933 by the youth movements but not by the BDM. I have a similar one but I have seen a few other examples, still without insignia (this type of fabric badge was introduced in January 1940)

This side cap is only known to me as an early HJ.
It's quite interesting that this is a early H.J. side cap and not a B.D.M. cap in any way like the seller at Ciney told me ,while at the same time indicating that he is one of the organisers of a big militaria show in the Netherlands. So I presume I payed more than it's actually worth ,sure a combo fetches a better price than 2 unrelated singles .

The Kletterjacke looks good but the cap definitely isn't a BDM item because a sidecap was never part of the official BDM/JM uniform. I don't know what the cap is that you have there but it isn't the standard HJ/DJ summer cap. It's made of the wrong material (the HJ/DJ summer cap was made of the same material as the HJ brown shirt) and has a cloth diamond that wasn't introduced until 1940. In the early period the DJ wore a black cap but these were phased out in 1937 after the introduction (in 1936) of the brown HJ Lagermütze (later designated as "Sommermütze der HJ/DJ").

I've seen absolute BS being spouted by militaria show organisers over in the US too over the years so it seems par for the course for a lot of these guys. "Anything for a sale!".

Hello crack
yes I do know the standard H.J.side cap. As I do understand is this an early- 1933 or earlier side cap , so says Pimpf 359 . Does anyone know what kind of money they are going for? I may will contact the seller but therefor I like to know what I have -also price wise , because this is definitely not what I was told by him.
Thanks for the info so far .
Andreas

Hello crack
yes I do know the standard H.J.side cap. As I do understand is this an early- 1933 or earlier side cap , so says Pimpf 359 . Does anyone know what kind of money they are going for? I may will contact the seller but therefor I like to know what I have -also price wise , because this is definitely not what I was told by him.
Thanks for the info so far .
Andreas
Hi Andreas,
I'll leave it up to Pimpf359 to answer but I'm certainly not aware of items like this being worn by the Hitler Youth in the early period (pre-1936).

OK, this is not good, I thought there was an easy answer , but it seems like I will have to look into this now with more energy. Tomorrow I will have some time and I think I will post this side cap in a few other forems . The seller - he also runs an online shop- told me that I do have a live long guaranty . So I like to know exactly what I got here before I go back to him.
Thanks for your input.
Andreas

post 7 , the 2 first photos
The caps are of the same material but in black

OK, this is not good, I thought there was an easy answer , but it seems like I will have to look into this now with more energy. Tomorrow I will have some time and I think I will post this side cap in a few other forems . The seller - he also runs an online shop- told me that I do have a live long guaranty . So I like to know exactly what I got here before I go back to him.
Thanks for your input.
Andreas
To be fair Andreas, the answer is easy. This is definitely not an early HJ cap and nor is it a BDM item. The RJF and RZM regulations are very clear on this. If you can send it back to the seller you should. I can guarantee you that he will not be able to provide any evidence that the cap is HJ or BDM. All he will be able to do is tell you a story.

To be fair Andreas, the answer is easy. This is definitely not an early HJ cap and nor is it a BDM item. The RJF and RZM regulations are very clear on this. If you can send it back to the seller you should. I can guarantee you that he will not be able to provide any evidence that the cap is HJ or BDM. All he will be able to do is tell you a story.
Thank you.

Hello Garry
The seller agreed to take cap back . So I'm happy . It was frustrating because he assure me it would be a BDM cap and very seldom. Right , I woulndn't have bought it but he told me he's a H.J. collector himself, runs an online shop , gives a life time guarantee and some more I don't want to say now not to reveal his identity .
Thanks for your staight clear answer.
Andreas

That's good news Andreas. Glad to hear that things worked out well.

Back