BDM Ostland Gebiet Triangle

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Hi there,

I have just restarted collecting HJ/DJ/BDM, I had to sell most of my collection to pay for my divorce many years ago. I kept a few items one of which was a BDM Ostland triangle, see more photos in the excellent Handbook of the Hitler - Jugend by William Saris on page 52. I notice Weitze is selling one now for 450 euros alot more than I paid many many years ago. This is my first attempt to post a new thread, have a look at my pictures and see what you think?. For a HJ collector this Forum is truly excellent,many thanks to all the members out there posting photos and articles.

Best regards....Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Ewan,
it's not nice if you have to sell the collection for financial reasons, but unfortunately you sometimes need money quickly. The triangle is a nice example, and it's also one of those triangles that are not found that often. I also collect the area triangles myself and I'm still missing a few, but at some point I may be able to complete these triangles.

Hi
Thank you for your reply. Yes looking at triangles some command very high prices, i will take my time and build my collection back up again, its great to get back into it, and with this forum its a joy. I have picked up a few small pieces so far, will post a few pics. Cheers

I'm curious about the pictures. Unfortunately not that many are in this forum at the moment.

Hello EWAN,
like tell PImpf ,it a nice and original BDM triangle .
Re-built a collection is possible , it need time .
bertl

Hi Bertl59,

Thanks for your answer I am happy that my Ostland triangle is original, I have compared it to the pictures in Will Saris Hj book and also the few that are shown here on the forum.
But I posted the photos to get other peoples opinions, which is what this forum is all about, passing on the knowledge. Yes i am starting small and building up slowly.
Ewan

Last edited:
Would like to add one piece of my collection that I ´ve bought recently. I wish you luck to rebuilt your collection .
Michael

Attachments

Would like to add one piece of my collection that I ´ve bought recently. I wish you luck to rebuilt your collection.
Here is a triangle that I would like to have in HJ Pattern.

Unfortunately we don´t see here enough sleeve triangles in wear . I´m going to change this with a new file and hope you´ll like that.

Attachments

Ost-Ostland? From my collection :canada1

Attachments

That´s nice BlackWatch - I really like to view such pictures - they really illlustrate the HJ history .

Maybe you will like this picture too ?

Attachments

Back