BDM trumpet banner question

Thanks Received
I have a question about a trumpet banner.... would a BDM banner have the BDM triangle on one side and a DJ lightning bolt on the opposite side?

I have a question about a trumpet banner.... would a BDM banner have the BDM triangle on one side and a DJ lightning bolt on the opposite side?

Here are some photos of the banner.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Neither the BDM nor the JM had musical units (Spielmannszug/Fanfarenzug) so in that regard the banner makes no sense but the DJ trumpet banners and those of the HJ were allowed to have a design on one side so this diamond is likely not saying "DJ and BDM/JM" but rather "DJ and a design we liked for the other side of the banner".

You are right, and we know that there are very nice design of those banners. But why would they choose the BDM diamond over an coat of arms or any other design?

Difficult to know of course but as I say, the diamond doesn't necessarily have to mean BDM/JM because of course it is the symbol of the whole Hitler Youth. You are right though, if they were going to add a design then why not something more interesting than just a diamond :)

Back