Best Reference

Thanks Received
What in your opinion is considered the best hj reference. Angolia,Littlejohn or Baker. Looking for Baker Vol 3. Thanks

None of the above to be honest. What kind of HJ info are you looking for in a reference book?

For historians and all those interested in HJ history - rather than collectors -, Michael Buddrus's "Totale Erziehung" is the best source. It has two disadvantages: It covers the WWII period only (there exists a Part I 1922-39, written 30 years ago but hasn't unfortunately been published yet), and it's in German only ;-).

... Michael Buddrus's "Totale Erziehung" is the best source. ... and it's in German only ;-).

You can't study German history seriously, if you are unable to read and understand the German language !

You're right Henrik. But German scientific language is for really advanced users only :biggrin1:.

Hi duke54na

Wim may be just a little modest since he does not mention his own book, Wim has written one of the best books about HJ -:first: the book is mainly about triangles and shoulder straps, but there is a lot of other useful information in it. 784 pages of facts.

The book is highly recommendable, I would not even do without it in my book collection.

Here it is:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

That's where this forum stands above the others on HJ matters. We have many people here who not only read German but who also have access to the original literature and regulations and are willing to share it with others. You just don't get this depth of info and community spirit on any other forum in our subject area. In fact there are at least two forums I know of that really don't have a bloody clue most of the time and do more damage than good..

Wim may be just a little modest since he does not mention his own book, Wim has written one of the best books about HJ -:first: the book is mainly about triangles and shoulder straps, but there is a lot of other useful information in it. 784 pages of facts. The book is highly recommendable, I would not even do without it in my book collection. Here it is:

Michael :denmark

I do not make that much "advertising"" for my book. You like it, or you don't!
That is what does regret me, that Bender doubted about the volume on headgear
to actually be in two volumes. I had to rewrite all of it. And now Bender has died
and probably no other volumes ever will be released. To be honest I am getting
to old and do not plan to look for another publisher.

I am at WAF, but hardly do give precise information. WRF banned me and so I
cannot give answers there, which often is needed, as there is a big lack of
knowledge. I do not miss them, but I have heard from some, they do!! With
some German forums I do have an account, but it is a waste of time to get
involved, as "they" always know things better (they think)!

Back