Bund Deutscher Mädel Berlin 1945

Thanks Received
Hello everyone, I am not sure if this is the right forum subject to post this under, but I was curious as if anyone had any photographs or documentation regarding the BDM during the last months of 1945 (or I guess in this case, "Battle of Berlin")? There seems to be a lot of photos and archival video of HJ boys in the Volkssturm, but don't think I've ever seen those of the BDM. Thank you very much in advance! I'm sorry if this question doesn't make sense :hNeeding information for research and historical reenacting purposes.

Hi SSalonKitty,

What you are looking for are BDM girls in action, these photos do not exist!
You confuse Hollywood with the German reality of the time.
If anything, nurses and female auxiliaries served the seriously wounded in Berlin at the time.

If at all, anyone who had their wits about them at the time tried to get out of this situation.
Women no longer fought there, they were victims of the Russian soldiers who raged uncontrollably.

"Soldateska" would be the correct name for these russian stormtroopers back then.
No one was safe, no child, no woman, no one.
Hundreds of thousands of memories of German victims speak for themselves...

"Wer Wind sät, wird Sturm ernten!"
And that's exactly what happened, this is exactly what happened to German women, youth, and children, en masse.

Micha
P.S. There are dozens or even hundreds of websites on which the victims or their relatives report about these rapes.
Children have been penetrated to death by adult humans.
It's just too much to write about, look at what the Russians are doing in Ukraine this year 2023...

Last edited:
My RADwJ and BDM photo albums end long before 1945.
Camp life, portrait photos, group and individual shots, nothing more.

In these certainly more than 600 photos only camp life, large-format portraits, everyday life, etc.
Not even shooting with an air rifle is portrayed anywhere.
Let alone the training in military handguns and etc., something like that didn't take place!

Micha

P.S. Many years ago I spoke to two women who experienced this themselves.
1980s, old ladies.
Hardened women, barely able to talk about it even after decades, the abuse drags on for a lifetime.

* Interesting is the life of both women, a painter, and a sculptor.
The painter was known for her "Akte", the potter for simple crockery in a "Bauhaus" tradition.

Last edited:
Hi SSalonKitty,

What you are looking for are BDM girls in action, these photos do not exist!
You confuse Hollywood with the German reality of the time.
If anything, nurses and female auxiliaries served the seriously wounded in Berlin at the time.

If at all, anyone who had their wits about them at the time tried to get out of this situation.
Women no longer fought there, they were victims of the Russian soldiers who raged uncontrollably.

"Soldateska" would be the correct name for these russian stormtroopers back then.
No one was safe, no child, no woman, no one.
Hundreds of thousands of memories of German victims speak for themselves...

"Wer Wind sät, wird Sturm ernten!"
And that's exactly what happened, this is exactly what happened to German women, youth, and children, en masse.

Micha
P.S. There are dozens or even hundreds of websites on which the victims or their relatives report about these rapes.
Children have been penetrated to death by adult humans.
It's just too much to write about, look at what the Russians are doing in Ukraine this year 2023...

Sorry, I didn’t state I was looking for photographs of BDM girls in “action” 😅 Just general information and documentation of the girls during this time and the last years of the war— As for the HJ, they seem to be more well documented for obvious reasons. I know that they served as nurses and auxiliaries.

The answer is simple, the children and women suffered, Russian revenge.

Ansichten vom Ende - Einsatz an der Ostfront 1945​

There is no forgiveness, revenge is infinite...

Micha
It was a nightmare for ordinary people, too ordinary to even understand what was going on.
Coca-Cola and Camel without filter, hell and paradise on earth... ;)

Last edited:
Back